Why become a member? ×

*SOLD* Fender Road Worn Precision, Fiesta Red
£645

discreet

[b]*SOLD* Fender Road Worn Precision, Fiesta Red[/b]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]My musical direction has changed somewhat and now I need a new computer more than I need this bass. So with great regret and sadness, this very nice Road Worn P is up for grabs. You only have to play a RW to realise that it is quite unlike any other Mexican Fender. The neck in particular is excellent - one-piece maple, skunk stripe, truss-rod adjustment at heel, walnut cavity plug, vintage frets, 1.75" (44.45mm) nut width, 7.25" radius, rolled edges. It's also very straight and a low action is possible with flats.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]The bass is lovely and instantly feels 'right' in the hand. The 'road wear' is sensitively executed and very plausible. The ageing of the hardware in particular is excellent. Reverse-vintage tuners, threaded saddles and a period 51-61 spaghetti 'F' decal complete the look, along with a slightly 'worn' 1957-type gold anodized pickguard. There are screw-holes for a tug bar and ashtrays, but these are not included.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]I'd like to say it plays like butter - however I want to keep a little credibility, so I won't. ;) No fret buzz, no rattles, intonation spot-on all the way up. This is a really good neck, folks. And the bass has 'that' warm, round yet punchy and articulate P-Bass tone that everyone's after. Possibly aided by the La Bella 760FS flats it's wearing.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]These are great basses and at used prices, almost unbeatable - you can get everything you would expect from a venerated USA P for the price of a new standard MIM.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]I'm asking [b]£645[/b] for this one - RRP is currently around the £1200 mark. Ideally I'd like cash on collection (bass is in SE London), but the 'Inc' in the title means 'delivery included' - [i]if[/i] you don't actually live in Land's End or John O' Groats, that is. I'm happy to drive a fair way - as I suffer from 'courier anxiety' and would rather not post - but we can talk about that later. And now some pics - the bass isn't quite so blatantly [i]pink[/i] in the flesh, it's a factory Fender fiesta red finish. :)[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Now [b]SOLD[/b], thanks for all the interest. :)[/font][/color]

Edited by discreet

As discreet says, these are unlike any other MIM basses out there. I know some people who'd much prefer a US P bass,
and plenty of others who don't like roadworn / reliced instruments - but honestly, don't knock these till you've tried one
My sunburst RW P is my go-to bass, in fact, it's my favourite I've ever owned or even played. I upgraded the pickups on mine - that's the only thing I'd do
I keep trying to justify owning a Fiesta Red one to match - but Mrs S wouldn't be impressed, I'm sure ;)

Vintage Fender quality at a fraction of the cost and as has been said these are over £1,100 new
So this one is an absolute bargain! :o

GLWTS Mr Discreet

[quote name='Marc S' timestamp='1502278466' post='3350397']
...I know some people who'd much prefer a US P bass and plenty of others who don't like roadworn / reliced instruments - but honestly, don't knock these till you've tried one...
[/quote]

Thank you sir... the whole 'road worn' thing is a total red herring, anyway. This bass is all about the feel, the playability and the sound, all of which are top-drawer. I didn't see any need to upgrade the pickup myself - in my view it sounds very lush indeed as it is, but of course that's a very personal thing. :)

[quote name='Derek1071' timestamp='1502278656' post='3350399']
Mmmm... nice. Any sort of case included?
[/quote]

Only for transit, I'll be taking the case home with me.
It's a moot point really as I'll not be driving to Edinburgh... ;)

[quote name='Cosmo Valdemar' timestamp='1502280213' post='3350417']
Very tempting as I know I'm only up the road from you... :o
[/quote]

As far as fuel contributions go, Dartford is a freebie. It could be in your hot hands within the hour!