Why become a member? ×

TheGreek's Psilos gets NoTreble 'Bass of the Week'

Andyjr1515

I would say that modesty forbids.....

....but pants to that old rubbish :lol:

I GOT A HAT TRICK OF NoTreble 'BASS OF THE WEEK' with Mick's Psilos!!!!!!!!!!

[url="http://www.notreble.com/buzz/2017/08/07/bass-of-the-week-ajr-guitarmods-psilos-bass/"]The NoTreble article is here[/url]. And while you're there, it's worth a look around - it's a GREAT e-zine (even ignoring that fact that I would say that wouldn't I :D )

Andy

You guys really don't know....

This bass, the aesthetics, it's construction, the feel, the balance, the attention to detail all exceeded my expectations...even though I knew Andy would be creating a masterpiece.

Andy was responsible for bringing back to life [i]the Silk Bass[/i], which was TBH just several bits of bass shaped wood when I sent it to him. So good was the work he did on that bass, that I had no hesitation in commissioning [i]the Psilos[/i] which was little more than a collection of aspirations and ideas I'd had formed from the favourite bits from my favourite basses ([i]and I've had a few[/i]).

You know the expression "[i]the proof of the the pudding..[/i]"? Only when you've played this bass will you know what a fantastic job Andy did on this.

Andy's modesty and humility prevents him blowing his own trumpet, especially as I know he holds many other builders here in high esteem. This is why I do this on his behalf - on a scale of 1-10 of my satisfaction I give him about a 12.2 - he has repeatedly exceeded what I would have been happy with.

I'm sure the next time I take the Psilos out in public there will be a line of BCers wanting to try this.

Andy, again, my thanks..you are a gentlemen and craftsman of the highest order.

[i]Now about my next build... :D[/i][i] :D[/i]

Edited by TheGreek