Why become a member? ×

SOLD - Xotic XP-1T 4 String Bass - Super Precision *** Awesome Price £1299 ***
£1399

maldy

[size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][b][i]Price or Trade Value: £[s]1399[/s] £[s]1350[/s] £1299

[size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][b][u]GENERAL:[/u][/b][/font][/size]
[size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]I’m selling my Xotic XP-1T (4 string) – Natural Colour.[/font][/size]

[size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]According to Bass Direct this bass has a [b][i]brand new list price of £2450[/i][/b]. They have a very [b][i]similar one on offer for £2099[/i][/b].[/font][/size]

[size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][i]So at [/i][b][i]£1299[/i][/b] [i]this bass is a massive saving of [/i][b][i]£800[/i][/b] [i]from new!!!! Relative bargain!!![/i][/font][/size]

[size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]I’ve had this bass from new and it has never been gigged. The condition is Excellent. It is not totally mint condition as there are some very light player marks on pickguard. There is also a tiny ding on the back of the body (very difficult to spot if not shown). All of these are not really noticeable and hard to show even in high quality photos.[/font][/size]

[size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]The bass comes with original high quality Xotic case. It plays superbly and has a flawless fretboard with a completely even tone across the entirety. I bought this on the back of the quality of the XJ I used own (recently sold here). This is an example of a flawless precision, with top quality parts and construction.[/font][/size]

[size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][b][u]PHOTOS:[/u][/b][/font][/size]
[size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Loads of photos on flickr: [url="https://flic.kr/s/aHskZZDUmP"]https://flic.kr/s/aHskZZDUmP[/url][/font][/size]

[attachment=250783:DSC_0080.JPG][attachment=250784:DSC_0063.JPG]
[attachment=250785:DSC_0066.JPG][attachment=250786:DSC_0065.JPG]

[size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][b][u]WEIGHT:[/u][/b][/font][/size]
[size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]The bass has a great weight of approximately [b]8.6lbs.[/b][/font][/size]

[size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][b][u]FEEDBACK:[/u][/b][/font][/size]

[size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][i][u]Basses/Cabs Sold via ebay:[/u][/i][/font][/size]

[size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Warwick Corvette Fretless Standard, Fender Precision Lyte, Warwick Corvette Hot Rod, Classic Musicman Stingray, Warwick 411 Pro Cab[/font][/size]

[size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][i]Feedback[/i]: [url="http://feedback.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&ftab=AllFeedback&userid=maldybass&iid=-1&de=off&interval=0&items=50"]http://feedback.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll…[/url][/font][/size]

[size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][i][u]Basses Sold via Facebook/Basschat:[/u][/i][/font][/size]

[size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Warwick Streamer $$, Fender Road Worn Jazz, Fender Road Worn Precision, Sandberg California VM4, Standard Musicman Stingray, Xotic XJ-1T, Limelight P[/font][/size]

[size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][i]Feedback: [/i][url="https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fbasschat.co.uk%2Ftopic%2F193071-feedback-for-maldy%2F&h=ATMFtxVbvtrest-3FiICmOJNNH_m2pIoISr3DkpXRQ8OlvAGn_ONv1Tqmo8meDfCrfEfuDNVNEPJvXEA54xN-Ku6lPy2_fk0enuM3ijuk5GXZekAnSH13E3iOLrPmNWPTn9W1GYr7DkstVAb8mPwD0elxI78cQ&enc=AZOq5jxdIlWEhTeQKaRbGJQ_T1y1ErsIM452D3CygjwbmAGdGepQRbKSMewD82K9OBaFkUXlOmCku4k5mwlHAqlkQSBDUpwOMG7clunnUUzVuQ5L2NI2YyFXdLcY42VoDG2nncoKKwZjbRtQRSTYwhn-7ioItHuZG60Rr1PzlOkdTg&s=1"]http://basschat.co.uk/topic/193071-feedback-for-maldy/[/url][/font][/size]

[size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][b][u]SHIPPING:[/u][/b][/font][/size]
[size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]I'm happy to ship via UPS for around £25 in the uk depending on location and options. For other options and locations please drop me a message and we can try and work it out. I've shipped many basses with UPS in and out of the uk, never with any problems. Happy to discuss meeting for sale, depending on location.[/font][/size]

[size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][b][u]SPECIFICATIONS:[/u][/b][/font][/size]
[size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][b]BODY[/b]: Swamp ash[/font][/size]
[size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][b]COLOR[/b]: Natural[/font][/size]
[size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][b]NECK[/b]: 21F Maple[/font][/size]
[size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][b]NECK FINISH[/b]: Oil Finish[/font][/size]
[size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][b]NUT[/b]: Pure Bone[/font][/size]
[size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][b]FRET[/b]: Jescar Silver Nickel (#6150 type)[/font][/size]
[size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][b]PICKUP[/b]: Xotic Original[/font][/size]
[size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][b]TUNER[/b]: HipShot Ultra Light[/font][/size]
[size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][b]BRIDGE[/b]: Xotic A Type[/font][/size]
[size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][b]CONTROL[/b]: 1 Vol, 1 Tone, 3-Band EQ Xotic Bass Preamp, 2 x mid frequency Switches, (Output Gain Control on rear on bass)[/font][/size]
[size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][b]SWITCH[/b]: Pull 1st Vol for Passive/Active[/font][/size]
[size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][b]HARDWARE[/b]: Chrome[/font][/size]
[size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][b]STRAP BUTTON[/b]: Gotoh[/font][/size]
[size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][b]WEIGHT[/b]: ~8.6lb[/font][/size]
[size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][b]Xotic Bass Preamp[/b]: Three Band EQ (high, mid, low) boost & cut. Centre position produces flat, unaltered sound, with no added tonal coloration.[/font][/size]

[size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Xotic Bass Preamp Frequency Specification[/font][/size]

[size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Tri-logic 2 Bass Preamp:Three Band EQ (high, mid, low) boost & cut. Center position produces flat,unaltered sound, with no added tonal coloration.[/font][/size]

[size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]* Mini Toggle Switch - Use the Switch closer to the headstock to switch the mid-frequencies (400Hz/800Hz), and the other Switch to switch the treble-frequencies (6Hz/12kHz).[/font][/size]
[size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]* Pre-set gain control to boost gain by one to three times (located in back panel for easy access).[/font][/size]
[size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]* 18V drive is for more headroom, which allows incoming signals to pass through cleanly, without clipping the high-end or low-end frequencies. (Requires two 9V batteries)[/font][/size]

[size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Tri-logic 2 Bass Preamp Frequency Specification[/font][/size]

[size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]SW1 (MidSwitch):Off/On-@400Hz/800Hz - ±12dB[/font][/size]
[size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]SW2 (BrightSwitch):Off/On-@6KHz/12K - ±18dB[/font][/size]

[size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]LOW: @20Hz, +10dB, -10dB[/font][/size]
[size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Neck Scale: 34 inch[/font][/size]
[size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]String Spacing at the bridge: 19.0mm (0.748 inch)[/font][/size]

[size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][b][i][u]FURTHER DETAILS FROM BASS DIRECT[/u][/i][/b][/font][/size]

[size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Xotic have been raising the bar on custom built Leo Fender designed instruments and now enter the field with a stunning modern take on the classic P bass to die for. Classic looks, supreme build quality, state-of-the-art pickups and preamp and amazing playability and response.[/font][/size]

[size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][b]Desgin Concept[/b][/font][/size]

[size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]To this day, the P-bass continues to charm many musicians with its heavy tone and burly, yet gracious sound. The Xotic XP-1T 4-string (P-bass Style) was created borrowing some of the popular technologies of our XJ-1T 4-string (J-bass Style), like our Tri-Logic Bass Preamp, our pursuit of natural playability and a body style that promotes acoustical sustain. To accompany our new XP-1T bass, we've designed a new pickup, the Xotic PV-1. We're confident that this new pickup will satisfy your needs for a fat and solid sound.[/font][/size]
[size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][b]Head Stock / Tuner[/b][/font][/size]

[size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Trusted for its quality and precision, we chose the Hipshot Ultra lite for the machine heads. They are durable and lightweight, which helps for longevity and prevents head dive.[/font][/size]

[size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif] [b]Truss Rod[/b][/font][/size]
[size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]For the XP-1T, adjustments can be made at the end for the neck with the special hex Allen wrench. There is no need to remove the neck or the pick guard to make the adjustment.[/font][/size]
[size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Xotic's manufacturing process improves the stability of the neck. Under normal conditions and use, the neck's consistency should remain strong and steady, but minor adjustment of the Truss rod may be required under harsher environment or changes in season. We've made the adjustments very easy with the placement of the Truss Rod.[/font][/size]

[size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif] [b]Bridge[/b][/font][/size]
[size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]The XP series uses Xotic A Style for the bridge because its brass alloy doesn't lose any vibrations from the strings, giving it fat and solid tone. This bridge provides adjustments to the pitch and tension of each string giving you your own custom set-up.[/font][/size]

[size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif] [b]Body[/b][/font][/size]
[size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]A medium-weight swamp ash materials are used for the body. These woods give the XP series a solid low and low-mid range tone. Something lighter weighted bodies can't achieve.[/font][/size]

[size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][b]Neck[/b][/font][/size]
[size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Our hand carved C-shape neck is finished with a light oil rub, using our own Xotic XP-OG1 oil. The shape and finish provides a smooth texture and stress free playing[/font][/size]
[size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]The XP fingerboard tone wood options is Maple. These tone woods are carefully selected and chosen for their hard-grained material. Our fingerboard features a 10" radius, which is a gentler curve than vintage spec, and is adorned with Luminova phosphorescent position markers. These markers are a perfect choice when performing on a dark stage as they glow 10 times brighter and last longer than other comparable materials. [/font][/size]

[size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif] [b]Fret[/b][/font][/size]
[size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Jescar Fret Wire is an industry standard fret wire that is chosen for its high quality and used by makers such as Gibson, Martin and Tom Anderson. It is trusted for its superior precision and durability.[/font][/size]

[size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][b]Pre Amp[/b][/font][/size]
[size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]We used our world renowned Tri-logic 2 preamp, which has been our choice since the Evolution model. The preamp is designed to minimise the change in tonal quality and incorporates a 3 band EQ. The preamps and EQ makes it ideal for covering a wide range of musical styles.[/font][/size]
[size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]We improved the preamps functionality by positioning 2 mini toggle switches, just below the bridge, so you can instantly switch between high-mid/low-mid and various treble EQ frequencies.[/font][/size]
[size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]The Tri-Logic 2's electrical circuit is redesigned with amplifying element for reduced electric al consumption and noise, for better tone and longer battery life.[/font][/size]

[size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif] [b]PU Cover[/b][/font][/size]
[size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]This flat pickup cover also functions as a finger ramp. There are also thumb rests on the side that are helpful for stabilizing your picking.[/font][/size]
[size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]And since the pole pieces are not bare, this visually attractive cover also eliminates the noise from fingers or pick which are prevalent for the P-Bass.[/font][/size]

Edited by maldy

[quote name='project_c' timestamp='1502059095' post='3349089']
Wish I hadn't just bought a new kitchen, this is a dream bass right here. Adult responsibilities are no fun.
[/quote]

Soon to purchase some flooring for the house - agree about adult responsibilities!

This is the last of the 4 basses that I have been selling. It is the last, but definitely not the least. A genuine super precision bass. Doing a final push to downsize - also put this on ebay.

Some good video footage here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0Cr7QcBqso

Edited by maldy

• 2 weeks later...

Lots of great trade offers. The only reason I'm not taking them up AND the reason for selling this bass, is that I'm reducing to a sensible just two basses (also money is definitely a factor). All recent basses sold along with this (3 gone already) were all awesome.

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='molan' timestamp='1507146395' post='3383636']

Should be 42mm I think but may be able to custom order different sizes.
[/quote]

Apologies only just saw these last two posts. I will double check the nut width tonight.