Why become a member? ×

Mess Of A Bass *SOLD*
£65

Rumple

I can't remember when I bought this but I know it came from a junk shop in Catford, probably late 80's when I only had the one proper bass and I used to leave it at the rehearsal venue in central London, it meant I could practice at home, not long afterwards the band split up and this went in my Grandad's loft where it's more or less stayed ever since.

I believe it's a Satellite and MIK and as you can see from the pictures it's had a very very hard life! if I'm honest some of that was me but a lot of it was how I bought it. most of the issues are cosmetic but there's a dodgy spring on the bridge that pokes out the back, the replacement brass nut is a tad too long and a lot too wide.

The neck is very chunky, 40mm at the nut, and it's a proper boat anchor at 10lbs.

On the plus side it sounds really good, stays in tune and the action is pretty low, strung with through the body with an ancient set of Rotosounds.

£65.00 collected from SE London add £20.00 for postage in a nasty old gigbag.

[url="https://1drv.ms/f/s!An4ogWELaxK6gp8L5iS2eRYXJ4mYrQ"]PICS[/url]

Edited by Rumple

Great basses, and yes it is a Satellite; I had one converted to P/J that I upgraded with Barts, and it was an absolute '80's funk machine - neck-through with decent woods and build quality - an absolute steal at this price. If only I didn't have too many basses! :(

I remember quietly lusting after these when they were brand new, in 1980. Cost £99 and a combination of not having the money and the bass having "Satellite" on the end meant it didn't happen, despite being the cheapest through-neck bass in the world.

Finally got one about 10 years ago, a proper fixer-upper, from BCer geoffbyrne. Pretty decent bass allround, if you're OK with the baseball-bat neck & backache! MIK rather than MIJ, I think, like all the Satellites I've seen.

Definitely worth £65, no bother. :)

[quote name='Bassassin' timestamp='1501936579' post='3348331']
I remember quietly lusting after these when they were brand new, in 1980. Cost £99 and a combination of not having the money and the bass having "Satellite" on the end meant it didn't happen, despite being the cheapest through-neck bass in the world.

Finally got one about 10 years ago, a proper fixer-upper, from BCer geoffbyrne. Pretty decent bass allround, if you're OK with the baseball-bat neck & backache! MIK rather than MIJ, I think, like all the Satellites I've seen.

Definitely worth £65, no bother. :)
[/quote]

Thanks, changed the listing to say MIK :)

• 2 weeks later...