Why become a member? ×

SOLD, mods please remove - KYDD Carry On EUB
£460

I took this in trade a few months back, from Gary (V8 bass) on this very forum
However, I'm struggling to swap between playing 3/4 DB, and different scale length bass guitars...
In truth, I'm tending to overshoot notes much of the time - I'm just stretching too far

So I guess this amazing little instrument may suit someone wanting to try out DB / EUB or someone used to short (30") scale?
As I say though it is a very interesting and amazingly portable DB / EUB - the most compact and lightweight I've seen

Sounds quite frelless BG-like, but with EQ'ing and a bit of sponge near the bridge sounds a bit more DB-like
Check out KYDD's website for full info - I'll take some pics later

In great condition as from when Gary owned it (hasn't left my house since)

30" scale length
Super lightweight
Comes with Coffin carry gigbag and protection tube
Also comes with Manfrotto Tripod stand

Strung with Gary's original strings (La Bella?)
And I'll throw in a set of D'Addario chrome flats

Would prefer the buyer to try it out & collect - but am willing to sort something else out....

Edited by Marc S

Monday am bump, and those photos I promised
PM me if you want any more.

PS. Alcytes - yes it can be played with a bow

EDIT: The bridge height is also easily adjusted - I've got it set fairly high, for slap playing
Setting it lower would take 2-3 minutes

Edited by Marc S

Bump. Just looked at the website for these unusual little instruments
This bass would now set you back $1,995 US Dollars - and presumably, a hefty import charge, plus P&P !!! :o
Grab yourself a bargain :)

This one is in great condition - looks new, apart from a couple of small marks on the back of the body (out of sight)

Edited by Marc S

Thanks for the bump alcytes :)
I was hoping to sell this and /or my Squier CV P/J - so I could buy MattM's Limelight P, in Fiesta Red
So there's a very specific trade I can add.... a Limelight P, with C profile neck :)

Not sure vmaxblues? I got it from Gary (V8bass) on this very forum
Yes, it really is a fab little instrument - I suspect if I hadn't played 3/4 DB first, I may well have just kept this amazing little EUB

No, as I haven't gigged it - so no one has had chance to take a pic
As for it being awkward - This is probably the easiest EUB ever to play.....

The tripod can be revolved into any position, and the bass can be revolved and locked into any rotation or angle- just like a camera tripod (which, being a "Manfrotto" it is)
You set it up so the legs of the tripod are in the best position for you, and wherever you want to orient your feet....
Its' height is fully adjustable so you could play it whether you're 3 feet tall or 7 feet six, or you can play it while seated (see link for pics)

You don't have to hold the bass - the tripod does that for you.
In terms of "awkwardness" it's far more awkward to play bass guitar and a hundred times easier than a typical upright

Plenty of action pics on the KYDD website - hope these photos help you visualise them in action

[url="http://www.kyddbass.com/artists.htm"]http://www.kyddbass.com/artists.htm[/url]

EDIT: Just thinking about this - heck, you could even play this whilst standing on a 45 degree slope!
It's about the easiest instrument to play in terms of positioning...
Even a harmonica requires both hands to hold it :)
For me, I just find 30" scale awkward when swapping from 3/4 DB

Edited by Marc S

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hope its ok to add in another " BUMP "

Just to add into everything Marc said

The Carry On is a great bit of Mini EUB , and plays fantastically well ( even for a numnuts like me ) 30 " scale takes moments to get used to and its capable of some great tones too ( I even pushed it through a compressor and a drive pedal to get some " Levin like " tones )

And the Tripod mounting is very stable , meaning you can pretty much set it up and leave it

Hugely expensive to buy so this is a real bargain

Kinda miss how " easy " it was to play in comparison to a " Full Monty " EUB

I'm sure someone will be all over this shortly Marc and they ll be happy they did too

Oh and it makes you far more attractive to members of the opposite ( or same ) sex ;)

Regards and GLWTS

Gary

[quote name='v8bass' timestamp='1504715813' post='3366861']
Hope its ok to add in another " BUMP "
......The Carry On is a great bit of Mini EUB , and plays fantastically well ( even for a numnuts like me ) 30 " scale takes moments to get used to and its capable of some great tones too ( I even pushed it through a compressor and a drive pedal to get some " Levin like " tones )

And the Tripod mounting is very stable , meaning you can pretty much set it up and leave it

Hugely expensive to buy so this is a real bargain.....

Oh and it makes you far more attractive to members of the opposite ( or same ) sex ;)

Regards and GLWTS

Gary
[/quote]

Thanks for that V8bass / Gary - yes, it's delightfully easy to actually play - I just have problems of over-stretching / over-shooting notes, as I'm more used to 3/4 DB
Though with a bit of time, I'm sure I'd get used to it quite quickly - if only I had some spare time! lol

PM replied to
and another bump, saying I can't believe this is still here, considering the $2,000 dollar price tag of a new one :o
This one's near mint

EDIT: Re your last comment V8 bass - that goes without saying... .works almost as well as my Ponty market knock-off aftershave! ;)

Edited by Marc S