Why become a member? ×

August Composition Challenge - GET WRITING

Skol303

I went for what I think is quite an appropriate feel to match this month's pic. I approached it by thinking of a middle-eastern feel, which immediately made me think of The Fifth Element. I never got my Doom array into this one (aww shucks you all cry!) but I think the Epic Tech kit from Damage gave it a little bit of the feeling from the Diva Dance from the film. Feyron's Flute (a freebie instrument from here - http://vstbuzz.com/freebies/feroyns-flute/) provides the melody. Synths are from Massive mostly and vocals from Ethera 2 and Ethera Soundscapes. The calabash and djembe percussion instruments come from West Africa from Komplete.

https://soundcloud.com/mornats/ta-seti

[quote name='Mornats' timestamp='1502569714' post='3352283']
I went for what I think is quite an appropriate feel to match this month's pic.
[/quote]
I normally try and do 'appropriate' but I think I will be way wide of that mark this time , mine is taking shape but , well just ....but , even I think the lyrics are a bit cheesy on this one :lol:

Time for new spectacles..? I use each month's Challenge picture as screen 'wallpaper'; this allows me to cogitate on the theme whenever I turn the PC on (which is often...). This morning (and for the second time..!), I tried to get rid of the fly that had landed on the screen, only to realise that it was not a fly, nor speck of dust, but a lone traveller crossing the scene on his camel..! D'oh..!

Edited by Dad3353

[quote name='Dad3353' timestamp='1502873261' post='3354013']
..., but a lone traveller crossing the scene on his camel..! D'oh..!
[/quote]

Good try Dad, but I think you'll find that actually, he's a Giza who has a specific part to play in the scene, and my story will tell exactly what he is doing there, granted your heads will drop as you realise this involves a vocal , however, to add some cheese , they are properly lurksalotesque in both content and delivery.

still trying to get Lurksalittle to add some tone to the BV's , but she is a touch wary of compromising any prospective university applications by association with my work , bummer!

[quote name='MoonBassAlpha' timestamp='1503253244' post='3356726']
Maybe I'm just a bit afraid of the learning curve on my new DAW?
I'm sure Blue Oyster Cult would have some sage advice on the matter... ;)
[/quote]

Oh No , there goes Tokyo , go go Godzilla ? seems a touch random to me TBH

I'll get my coat :blush:

[quote name='MoonBassAlpha' timestamp='1503339982' post='3357414']

Don't forget to take your cowbell too ! :)
[/quote]
:D. The bands drummer has got the collective cowbell , and takes great pride in throwing random sequences through a different number each gig , though it had got a bit tired of late , it used to crack us all up

Submitting as an also-ran
https://soundcloud.com/alittlebitrobot/senusret

I've been away from this site, among others, for a while. It's two years since I took part in the composition challenge. I'm happy to see it's still going strong but I. AM. RUSTY.
I've named my track Senusret because if you've seen the pyramid of Senusret I, it's a good indicator of my attempt at building a pyramid here.

My tracks always seem to come out so quiet. I really need to do some research on compression/limiting or something.
If I set the waveform to [i]just [/i]below the point where it's clipping, it comes out quiet. Very frustrating.

So this track is of no use to anybody listening on laptop speakers.