Why become a member? ×

Bad back - bigger cab?

AntLockyer

[quote name='paul_5' timestamp='1501666861' post='3346329']
Why not go modular and use 2 smaller cabs like Barefaced 1x10s? My cat weighs more than those!
[/quote]

+1 I had one and had to weigh it down with a beer glass to stop it blowing away. It is a low way down bendy over lift though, being close to the ground. And realistically you'll want two, so suddenly life's getting expensive.

I've gone to 2 x Barefaced One10 and had Roqsolid Cajon bags made for them, glorified carrier bags I guess :) Great wee cabs, plenty loud and light as I can possibly unless I ditch cabs altogether. The best bit is, I can carry them around like 2 bags of shopping, keeping my back straight at all times. I have some back pain, nothing major but someone once said "prevention is the best cure" so reckoned I should do all I can before I make things worse.

[quote name='bertbass' timestamp='1501666309' post='3346316']
Something like this?

[url="http://www.flightcasehardware.co.uk/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=875"]http://www.flightcas...&product_id=875[/url]
[/quote] Excellent , I've been looking for this type of thing , thanks .

I was going to suggest maybe looking at Barefaced's 6x10, it's not too heavy & might be tall enough for you, but then I thought the answer might actually be [size=2]iem[/size] & get a good preamp or amp modeller. You can even put the cab money towards band PA if needed.

So if I'm reading this right: the OP has a bad back and because of this wants to investigate a move to lighter cabs. That's reasonable I've been down this road myself. His current cab weighs into the mid 40lbs and people are suggesting a 65lb cab as a solution? IMO that's not good advice.

I understand the "big cab with built in castors is easier to move" idea but when you're planning something like this you shouldn't look at how easy it is to do something you look at how difficult it is. A big cab with wheels would be great on a flat, even and solid surface but when you need your back, ie when the ground isn't level and you're facing stairs, stages, narrow doorways, wet grass or gravel etc etc, a big cab is the worse solution. Anyone who increases the weight of their cab because of a bad back hasn't got a bad back in any way that I understand.

IME multiple small and light cabs and a trolley would be the set up and method of transportation that would test a bad back the least and get the OP safely home after every gig.