Why become a member? ×

Selmer SUPER ZODIAC 50 late 60's Valve Head *SOLD*
£575

I bought this amp head from a mate about 25 years ago, it belonged to his father who played keyboards, he offered it to me because it didn't work "I tried turning it on but it's knackered" he said, I asked if he plugged it into a speaker before firing it up and the answer was "no" :(

Jump forward a decade or so and I finally got around to replacing 2 valves, I sparked it up attached to a cab I had knocking about and hey presto it worked, I played through it for about 15 minutes then it went back in the corner of my Grandad's loft, where it's sat until last weekend, I have no room for it here so has to go.

The reason for the back story above is to point out that it did work but I don't have any way of testing it as I don't own a cab any more, I have no electronics skills either so it's for sale as needing repair, it would certainly need a service by a professional as these things can be dangerous!

I couldn't find a lot of info on the web but I did come across this page

http://www.vintageho...amps/sel21.html

plus this info:

THE SUPER ZODIAC 50

This first version of the Super Zodiac was in the same styling as the very similar white/black T'n'B heads, but incorporated the push-button tone pre-selects which were a feature of it's predecessors, the Zodiac and Selectortone combos. Top front-mounted control panel in black covered cabinet with white/black grillcloth and white Selmer & lyre logos. Two channels, each with 2 inputs and volume/treble/bass controls, 6 push-button tone pre-sets and depth/speed tremelo controls. Size 29" x 9.1/4" x 11.1/4", valve complement EL34 (2), ECC83 (4) & 2 silicon rectifiers. Price 80 gns including cover.

I have absolutely no idea what this is worth, if I've massively under or over valued it feel free to PM me with a more accurate price and the reasoning.

Any additional info would also be greatly received.

If you are knowledgable about vintage valve amps and want to bring a cab to test it out you are more than welcome.

£575.00 £500.00 collected from Sydenham SE London.

https://1drv.ms/f/s!An4ogWELaxK6gp5gs-rCFrBiZrZTXg

Thanks

R.

Edited by Rumple

[quote name='Burns-bass' timestamp='1502022787' post='3348777']
This is a beautiful amp in showroom condition. I'm sure you've considered it, but it might be worth adding it to Gumtree.

I sold a similarly aged amp and had a huge amount of interest in it.
[/quote]

Thank you, TBH I've never bought or sold anything on Gumtree I'll certainly give it some thought though.

• 3 months later...
  • Josh locked this topic