Why become a member? ×

Where are all the live music, TV shows?

gjones

Not sure showing summat along the lines of OGWT, TOTP, Tube, Word etc would cut it these days. They were of their time. I'm sure some TV production companies have already looked into whether there's a market for music TV and have concluded the music listening market is too fragmented and niche to be commercially viable

54 minutes ago, Barking Spiders said:

Not sure showing summat along the lines of OGWT, TOTP, Tube, Word etc would cut it these days. They were of their time. I'm sure some TV production companies have already looked into whether there's a market for music TV and have concluded the music listening market is too fragmented and niche to be commercially viable

Looks like us 'older' people are destined to have to relive music from BBC 4 and Sky Arts then.  I thought that music always had lots of genres and sub-genres and part of the fun was making magazine programmes that gave a cross section.  The fun of watching Echo and the Bunnymen followed by Black Lace on TOTP in the 80s......so sad we'll never see its like again

45 minutes ago, martthebass said:

Looks like us 'older' people are destined to have to relive music from BBC 4 and Sky Arts then.  I thought that music always had lots of genres and sub-genres and part of the fun was making magazine programmes that gave a cross section.  The fun of watching Echo and the Bunnymen followed by Black Lace on TOTP in the 80s......so sad we'll never see its like again

there was fun watchig Echo and The Bunnymen??

On 23/07/2018 at 09:49, bassace said:

Proms?

Indeed.

Do you remember Johnny Harris & his Orchestra? Certainly, a lively TV Orchestra. 

Check out the arrangements and of course the playing...(And a mention for his entertaining, 'out there' conducting) .

:D

On 31/07/2017 at 11:08, NJE said:

NPR Tiny Desk concerts are also really good......

Another +1 from me for NPR

On 02/08/2017 at 16:47, Rumple said:

KEXP in Seattle have some good live sessions on their web site and YT.

+1 I came across KEXP in Seattle recently too; looks really good.

And then there's always Radio 1's Live Lounge - this particular link featuring a young lady from my home town who is turning into the biggest sensation since Slade :) 

• Like 1