Why become a member? ×

Ashdown mag 410 cabs.

Sztarkel

Hello guys. I'm searching for a cheap cab to buy and i'm seeing a lot of these ashdown mag cabs used. It seems there are 2 different versions of these cabs, the one with blue line speakers, and the one with black speakers and a white frame around the grill. Whats the difference betweem them? Which one is better?

I had the pleasure of accidentally using one of thes cabs at rehearsals last night. The studio we rehearse at has 7 rooms ranging from cheap and poky to their massive showcase room. As it was a last minute booking we went for the little room as it was half the price. I took one of my barefaced SCs as it would have been more than enough. Long story short, we got upgraded. Unfortunately the room is like a warehouse and the BFSC gets lost there so I decided to pop it on top of an old cab for some height and also the stage is hollow and boomy. Turns it the cab was 8 ohms, so I plugged it in as well to my Markbass TTE500. What a great sound it made together with my BF - proper old school bass heft with the 12" clarity of the SC. Could barely get the amp past one on the master volume without killing the keyboard player. Haven't had as much fun in ages! :)

cant comment on the black speaker versions but the blue ones (still made in china not uk though) are excellent, loud poky punchy but bloody heavy i'd also like another one.
well worth the money as ive been using mine for years with no issues at all. only down side is the cheap plastic corners dont last and you need to replace them with metal ones but thats a minor thing the important part is they sound great.