Why become a member? ×

Anyone from Bournemouth?

andyonbass

My daughter is off to Bournemouth Uni in Sept and as an improving Bass player she is hoping there might be a jam session or two locally that she might be able to attend. She's 19, been playing for a year or so and is confident enough to play with other musicians in a pub setting provided she knows the songs! She regularly attends a jam here in Swindon where they tend to play indie numbers rather than endless blues guitar jams and is hoping to find something similar in Bournemouth. Any recommendation Bournemouth folks? Thanks in advance......Andy

[quote name='Mickeyboro' timestamp='1501424084' post='3344568']
The scene is dominated by the weekly Stan's Blues Jams. If you don't like blues (or aren't one of the clique, which is why I gave up on em) then there's not much else bar the open mikes.
[/quote]

Thanks for the reply, I'll pass it on to her. With luck she'll meet some like-minded fellow students....

[quote name='TheGreek' timestamp='1501415871' post='3344516']
The daughter of one of my fellow dog walkers has just graduated from Bournemouth Uni. I'll see what she knows..
[/quote]
That would be great thanks :)
[quote name='Brook_fan' timestamp='1501440777' post='3344686']
She should check out Absolute Music. An awful lot going on there.
Robbie
[/quote]

Thanks Robbie, I'll get her on to it..... :)

[quote name='Mickeyboro' timestamp='1501441578' post='3344697']
An alternative to Absolute is North Road Music Centre on the outskirts of Poole.
The clientele is probably more in tune with her tastes. Absolute has tuition in the days and bands at night which tend to be older.[/quote]

[quote name='moooper' timestamp='1501458294' post='3344833']
Bournemouth doesn't really have a very good music scene unfortunately. But to be honest she will get a lot of contacts from University as it rules this town in most regards. Poole is a little better music wise (marginally).
[/quote]

Thanks guys :i-m_so_happy: