Why become a member? ×

FS: Two Shuker Jazz Basses (4 Gone - 5 still available)
£1750

Higgie

Up for sale are my gorgeous Shuker Jazz basses. I picked up the 4 string on here, I believe it to be built in 2008. I commissioned the 5 to be as close as possible to the 4, just with a Low B, and it was completed in 2013. Woods, pickups and electronics are the same. The Villex electronics are insane! These are the 2 most versatile passive Jazz style basses I have ever played. Everything from Jaco to Marcus is in these basses, and all without a battery! The 4 string has reverse wind tuners and a Hipshot Detuner. There are a couple of very small dings on the 5 string, as it's been all over the world with me, but these aren't visible from the front. The 4 string has a ding through the lacquer on the back of the neck at the 12th fret. I can take more detailed pictures if needed.

The 5 string weighs just over 10lbs, and will come with Schaller straplocks and it's original Hiscox Liteflite Case. The 4 string is an even 9lbs, has Dunlop straplocks, and will come with a standard Fender style hardcase, or if you want to knock £25 off, a standard Fender style gig bag.

Ok, pictures available: HERE *PLEASE NOTE THE 5 STRING PRECISION IS NOT FOR SALE*

Basses are both located in Chingford N.E. London. Would prefer collection as opposed to a courier, but one can be arranged at your expense if need be. Payment by bank transfer or cash on collection.

5 string Jazz £1100
4 string Jazz £SOLD

£1750 if you want both!

Here are the specs from Mr Shuker himself when I had the 5 string built:
5 string J bass classic
34" scale
21 frets
45 mm nut width
18mm string spacing
20.5mm neck depth at 1st fret
22,5mm at 12th
Maple neck
Maple board
Two way truss rod
Carbon fibre reinforcement
Medium frets
Black f/board dots (standard layout)
Black 2mm side dots
Satin neck lacquer (vintage tint)
Bone nut
Normal wind tuners, Chrome - Gotoh
Alder body (traditional shape)
Polyester basecoat
Olympic White colour coat
Villex 5 string J pickups
Vol, balance, mid, treble cut
Brown Tortoiseshell pickguard
Chrome Gotoh 5 string bridge

Edited by Dad3353
Removing 'Sold', as topic is not yet to be closed.

It's basically like a passive tone control, but it just scoops the mids out, leaving the top end intact. Makes it sound like an active bass, as cutting mids sounds like boosting bass and treble. Really cool idea, and very effective!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...