Why become a member? ×

Tech21 prototype dUg pre-amp pedal.

Painy

7 minutes ago, dannybuoy said:

Doug vs dUg!

He was banging on like it was a big conspiracy, the huge Darkglass corporation trying to control your mind and make you buy their pedals. Probably a flat-earther.

xD

Edited by Al Krow

I still stand by my trusty B3K though! Moving on the amp was a simple matter of no longer being in a band and it being surplus to requirements.

From playing with the B3K along with a full mix, I've found that contrary to what we keep hearing about the evils of mid-scoops, a mid-scoop really works as long as you boost and distort the living bejesus out of your upper mids. I have high hopes for the dUg pedal anyway, might have to do a little in-the-mix clip of Doug vs dUg!

On 03/05/2018 at 17:48, dannybuoy said:

I still stand by my trusty B3K though! Moving on the amp was a simple matter of no longer being in a band and it being surplus to requirements.

From playing with the B3K along with a full mix, I've found that contrary to what we keep hearing about the evils of mid-scoops, a mid-scoop really works as long as you boost and distort the living bejesus out of your upper mids. I have high hopes for the dUg pedal anyway, might have to do a little in-the-mix clip of Doug vs dUg!

Pretty similar for me, Danny. My Sansamp Para Driver sounds scooped to my ears in some areas, but to this I add bass, hi-mids and gain. The amount of people who compliment me on my bass sound suggests that it can be heard.

1 hour ago, tonyxtiger said:

This Saturday is officially now “Good News Saturday”

We find out who was really responsible for JFK's assassination? Westside Distribution to close citing "falling profit margins?" Darkglass to lower prices of pedals? Ashdown to admit that the Geezer Butler head is total pony? Miranda Hart to become the new Gibson CEO? 

There is so much good news out there, I wait with baited breath.

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Cuzzie said:

Depends on the time of day

Haha - kinda what I suspected. To cover all contingencies maybe "wasted-thick-waisted" ... :drinks:

Still only 6 days to go before "Good News Friday" comes to pass...

... remind me how long ago did this thread start? :D

@dannybuoy aye that was a consideration too!

I worked out tho by the time I tried to recreate a similar sound and have a clean amp to transport it, I have spent that!

It is ultimately more flexible than the dUg amp alone, and fun building, and now I have the dUg amp as well, and this pedal looks to do clean better than the amp

3 hours ago, tonyxtiger said:

i suggest booking an early Friday finish next week as I think we will all be wanting to get home for the postie!

Ooh, Friday will be a day of deliveries for me.  We shall also be taking delivery of a dining room table.