Why become a member? ×

Ed Sheeran

[quote name='leftybassman392' timestamp='1500454929' post='3337823']
Curious to know what he was doing in Game of Thrones.

Actually that's a tad ambiguous as it leaves open the possibility of a smartarse answer like 'singing, mostly...'. Allow me to rephrase it a little:

[size=5]What the f*** was Ed Sheeran doing in Game of Thrones, and who the f*** decided [i]that [/i]was a good idea?[/size]

There, that captures it a bit better I think.
[/quote]

He's only there as a butt double for the sex scenes...

Sorry to be unkind, I could not resist.

[quote name='PaulWarning' timestamp='1500459553' post='3337890']
I think it's one of these programs that aren't on any freeview channels, where there's a load of hype so us with only freeview rush out to get sky or netflix, sorry won't work, my freeview recorder is already nearly full of stuff I'll probably never have time to watch.
Mind you I might get round to watching more stuff if I spent less time on here :)
[/quote]

Right on brother!

Heeheehee, I share your cynical view of Sky's flagship.

Thing is, you can get all of the saucy bits on YT or elsewhere for free if you need it. I learned my lesson from terrestrial TV soaps like Coronary Street and Eastdeadenders. When I gave them up I rediscovered evenings! I don't need another saga. One TV licence is enough to be paying for.

Ahem. What were we talking about again?

[quote name='ricksterphil' timestamp='1500464758' post='3337968']
Nope, not just you, I don't like them either, I think it interferes with the art. Having said that I've never watched GoT.....my wife asked our son what it was about and he said...Fighting, intrigue, sex, incest, more sex...but mostly fighting. Needless to say she's not watched it either - Jane Austen is more her type of thing
[/quote]

Reminds me of The Lucille Ball Show. Someone would walk on to the sound of massive applause for no reason other than their reputation elsewhere. It just looks like an ego boost to those who haven't been exposed to them before and unless there is merit to what they are doing right now it makes them look like they are just [i]'phoning it in[/i].

Walk-ons seem to be a part of the TV vocabulary. I suppose they do someone some good somewhere.

[quote name='OddBass65' timestamp='1500479386' post='3338134']
Not watched the whole episode yet, as I'm a couple of seasons behind..........
[/quote]

I quite like Ed Sheeran having heard a lot of his music on the radio and watched his consummate performance on tv at Glastonbury.

I've also been interested in reading about Game of Thrones in this thread having had several people I know wax lyrical about it - I now know why I've never stumbled across it because I'm a Freeview person as well - don't like those Sky and whatever else people - smacks too much of gross capitalism in its grossest, non PC in the 60s/70s, sense to me 😉 😁

As you will guess or know I'm of the 60s, 70s era so to me, a couple of seasons behind = winter 2016-17 - am I right or have I got this totally wrong??! 🤔

Edited by drTStingray