Why become a member? ×

Warwick Justin Chancellor?

this does not bode well. I really hope to hear his Wal on the next album.
I don't like that particular WW... I usually really like their basses. Lets see how he sounds on a 'Wick. There is a video out there with him showing how to play Aenema (pass the goddam butter!) and that WW sounds really sh*tty imo.

Justin will always sound like Justin, doesn't matter what he uses. You think he'd pick something that sounded crap? He'll use be whatever is needed.

And comparing his produced...even live sound, with multiple rigs and numerous pedals, with a clinic video using a Warwick straight into a practice amp, recorded on the camera mic, is silly and you know it!

Si

[quote name='Sibob' timestamp='1501098505' post='3342552']
Justin will always sound like Justin, doesn't matter what he uses. You think he'd pick something that sounded crap? He'll use be whatever is needed.

And comparing his produced...even live sound, with multiple rigs and numerous pedals, with a clinic video using a Warwick straight into a practice amp, recorded on the camera mic, is silly and you know it!

Si
[/quote]

This x1000

It's a bit of a funny one. Warwick's grasp and domination of the professional market continues to expand. They seem to have a new endorser every day. I'm sure they offer a decent compensation package to the artists which is where the appeal is. There are some artists that moved to Warwick and their tone took a serious dive. I watched the video of JC playing a Warwick (the Aenima one) and the tone was pretty dump but I appreciate it was recorded with a small microphone and probably no real mix or mastering.

On the other hand, JC's playing is great but his Wal tone is nothing special and I've long maintained that it doesn't even sound much like the Wals we know and love. It's so buried in effects and pick noise that it could be almost any humbuckered bass one the record is played back, and i say this as a huge Tool fan and a tone-enthusiast.