Why become a member? ×

New Fender Signature Bass - Justin Meldal-Johnsen RW Mustang Bass

Musicman20

My favourite bass is a vintage white CIJ mustang to which I have an aged pearl pickguard & a tug-bar (treble side). I also have a Daphne blue '72 musicmaster which looks fantastic but not in the same league as the mustang.

A '66 daphne blue mustang with 'lollypop' tuners in good condition would pretty much be my ideal bass.

If they made an undamaged or aged but not abused 'closet classic' version of the JMJ I'd be all over it, but the relic job looks awful.

• 1 month later...

£500-650 is the going price for a CIJ Mustang Bass, I wish I could find a 70's one for £700! :) :) :)

The prices on offset Fenders guitars are going up a lot lately.

I'd like to put the JMJ sig up against my CIJ and see why it's worth that extra bit of cash. I do dig it though and probably get one in the future anyways.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm in the same boat. Have been pretty excited about this but I want to make sure it's right before dumping £900+ on it, or see whether or not I just wait until someone wants to move theirs on in a few month's time for a bit less!

Haven't seen any proper review videos yet either, the namm ones are ok for features and real world looks but pants for sound.

• 3 months later...

Looks like they've been put back to later in the year - possibly due to the rosewood fingerboard. I expect the ones that come into the UK might have Pau Ferro fingerboards like the PJ mustangs.

Looking at some of these on a google image search shows that the 'road worn' wear doesn't seem as grimey looking as the first images that were released

ftclaloldmb9royiodbf.jpg

• 1 month later...