Why become a member? ×

How to power Diamond BCP1 at 18v?

M@23

I just picked one up 2nd hand, thought they came with a PSU, but apparently try not. What's the best way to power it? I use an OC2 which is powered from the TU2.
But, nkw I'm thinking about getting a Fueltank Jr and the voltage doubler amd running them all from that.
Or, can you just get an 18v PSU for the Diamond?

They ship from new with an 18v supply! It should also come with an adapter for use with power supply ! I used a diago micropower with a diago 9-18v voltage doubler,it worked great :)

Edited by lee650

Yep, Diamond just told me as much. I'm guessing the guy I bought it from simply lost it.
I'm thinking about get a power brick now anyway. Palmer do one with an 18v out, or a Fueltank Jr and I'll try that Diago doubler, or get the Y cable.

I have had a couple of those 18V Diago tips fail on me in the past so I'm a bit weary of using them now. If buying a new isolated power supply, just get one with an 18V output rather than using an 18V Diago tip - like a True Tone CS7, or Cioks DC5 if you want to squeeze it under a Pedaltrain Nano/Metro. There's also a cheap one named the DC8 made by either Vitoos or Fame that is gaining some fans around here!

[quote name='dannybuoy' timestamp='1499810076' post='3333840']
I have had a couple of those 18V Diago tips fail on me in the past so I'm a bit weary of using them now. If buying a new isolated power supply, just get one with an 18V output rather than using an 18V Diago tip - like a True Tone CS7, or Cioks DC5 if you want to squeeze it under a Pedaltrain Nano/Metro. There's also a cheap one named the DC8 made by either Vitoos or Fame that is gaining some fans around here!
[/quote]

Good shout. Having done a little more reading that prob is best. If I could find the Cioks DC5 in the UK I'd buy one. The Palmer PWT05 looks good, but is maybe a bit too tall to fit under a Nano.

[quote name='M@23' timestamp='1499811658' post='3333856']

Good shout. Having done a little more reading that prob is best. If I could find the Cioks DC5 in the UK I'd buy one. The Palmer PWT05 looks good, but is maybe a bit too tall to fit under a Nano.
[/quote]

I got mine here - they really need to get themselves in Google shopping results!

http://www.hotroxuk.com/cioks-dc5-link.html

[quote name='dannybuoy' timestamp='1499810076' post='3333840']
[/quote]

what happens when they fail Dan? do they just revert to 9v? Reason I'm asking is I'm currently using the diago to power my Cali76 cb :)

Edited by lee650

[quote name='lee650' timestamp='1499817049' post='3333888']

what happens when they fail Dan? do they just revert to 9v? Reason I'm asking is I'm currently using the diago to power my Cali76 cb :)
[/quote]

One did just that, which went undetected for ages. Another one I had started making noises like the Dr Who theme!

[quote name='dannybuoy' timestamp='1499813844' post='3333873']

I got mine here - they really need to get themselves in Google shopping results!

http://www.hotroxuk.com/cioks-dc5-link.html
[/quote]

Perfect! Thank you. Will place them as far away as is possible on a Nano!