Why become a member? ×

**** SOLD ****: USA Lakland 55-94D
£1595

chris_b

* * * * Now Sold * * * *

This is the bass I thought I'd never sell.. . . but I am.

My USA Lakland 55-94 Deluxe is now for sale.

This bass was made by the original team lead by Hugh McFarland (the land in Lakland).

This has a blue translucent swamp ash body, quilted maple top, 35" quarter sawn maple neck and birds-eye maple fret board with ebony dots. There are 22 frets, the original Bartolini pickups and Bartolini NTMB-L 3 band pre amp. The volume pot has a pull-for-passive option and it can be strung through the body. The string spacing at the bridge is 19 mm, the nut width is 1 7/8” and the weight is 9lb 6oz (4.28kg). Currently strung with Dunlop Super Brights 45-125.

When I emailed Dan Lakin he confirmed the date of manufacture to be 1997;
[i]"That bass was made in May of 1997 - my records show it was blue. It was a very early 5 string for us.
One of the first 70 made in the 35" scale" Dan[/i]

I have owned this bass since 2003 and for 8 years this was my sole gigging bass. it is in [i]very[/i] good condition and has been carefully looked after, but there is some minor player wear. In June 2014 I had a fret stone and set up done by the Gallery, in Camden. That turned a great bass into a fantastic bass. It comes with an SKB hard case. Currently strung with Dunlop Super Brights 45-125.

All my gear lives in my smoke free back room and this bass has always travelled to gigs in my car.

If anyone wants to try this bass PM me and we can work something out. I can post (at buyers expense) but would prefer not to and can deliver within 30 miles of Kingston upon Thames, or further if I'm going that way.

Something non bass related has come up and I'm raising funds, so no trades thank you, this is sale only.

Edited by chris_b