Why become a member? ×

Withdrawn PLS Delete... TNX
£380

VedranPU

I really don't know... till yesterday I was convinced that these are originals... now I'm not so sure... googled a bit.. :-) Super P4 is the exact name of original pick up which is very similar to DiMarzio (Allens hex poles)...

[quote name='megallica' timestamp='1499578590' post='3332254']
Pickup looks stock.
The roadster rs824 and rs924 came with dimarzios.
[/quote]

They didn't. None of the early 80s Ibbys (Blazer, Roadster, Roadstar II) that used Fender-type pickups had DiMarzios - they were all fitted with what Ibanez called Super P-4, or Super J-4 in the case of P/J basses. These were probably made by Maxon/Nisshin Onpa, who supplied most of the pickups used in Fujigen-built guitars & basses in the 70s & 80s.

They superficially resemble DiMarzios with the hex poles & cream covers on some - which was doubtless entirely intentional.

Easiest way to check if your hex-pole pickup is a DiMarzio is to stick an Allen key in it - DiMarzios use Imperial sizes so your metric key won't fit.

VedranPU's bass is an Ibanez RB630 from about 1984 (can't see the serial) and the pickups aren't original, & neither are the control knobs or strap buttons. Unfortunately original Sure-Grip 2s and Dead End strap buttons are like rocking-horse poo.

Edited by Bassassin

[size=4]Hi again... serial no: [color=#1D2129][font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]C855296 means March 1985... don't know bout the PU and the control knobs... but the strap buttons surely aren't original... I put these, chinese Schaller strap lock copy... However, the old strap buttons were not the "arrow" form so I presume even the old strap buttons were not the originals... Anyway, the bass sounds powerful and strong and it is a real pleasure to play it... [/font][/color][/size]