Why become a member? ×

Fender Modern Player Jazz Bass Satin V
£365

TrioRec

Up for sale is my Modern Player Jazz Bass V Satin. Classic Fender Jazz bass with a powerful dual humbucker pickup configuration for a huge bass sound. Recently strung with Labellas' the low B is awesome.

Very cool Satin Black finish.

Alder body, maple neck with nice inlay and "C"-shaped profile, 9.5"-radius maple board with 20 jumbo frets and easy-access truss rod adjustment wheel, single-ply black pickguard and vintage-style black plastic control knobs (two volume and master tone), and a heavy duty five saddle Fender Hi-Mass bridge.

This is the famous chinese made Fender Jazz Bass, well reviewed and hard to find as a five string.

Located in South London.

A few knicks, scratch on the neck bolt cover and shiny buckle wear (pictured) but generally really great condition.

[attachment=248486:DSCF8644.jpg]

[attachment=248487:DSCF8646.jpg]

[attachment=248488:DSCF8647.jpg]

[attachment=248489:DSCF8636.jpg]

[attachment=248490:DSCF8637.jpg]

[attachment=248491:DSCF8638.jpg]

[attachment=248492:DSCF8639.jpg]

[attachment=248493:DSCF8641.jpg]

[attachment=248494:DSCF8642.jpg]

[attachment=248495:DSCF8643.jpg]

• 1 month later...

Yes GroovyPlucker,

I've got a China made Fender Jazz (with PJ pups) and a Squier Classic Vibe P - Which I'm sure are made in the same factory in China as these and the Matt Freeman's?
Yes, they're absolutely top-quality instruments with great components and superb finish. I'm sure these will one day be regarded a bit like JV's now are...
(Note: top-notch luthier Dave Dearnaley of Cardiff has even said this!)

If I didn't already have a 5 string I really like - I'd be having this in a shot!
GLWTS - someone's going to be happy :)

Edited by Marc S

[quote name='Marc S' timestamp='1502872926' post='3354010']
Yes GroovyPlucker,

I've got a China made Fender Jazz (with PJ pups) and a Squier Classic Vibe P - Which I'm sure are made in the same factory in China as these and the Matt Freeman's?
Yes, they're absolutely top-quality instruments with great components and superb finish. I'm sure these will one day be regarded a bit like JV's now are...
(Note: top-notch luthier Dave Dearnaley of Cardiff has even said this!)

If I didn't already have a 5 string I really like - I'd be having this in a shot!
GLWTS - someone's going to be happy :)
[/quote]

:D :D

Hi res pics as promised:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/urtxz1ysdis36v8/DSCF8647-2.jpg?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/a53gn603srrdg0q/DSCF8646-2.jpg?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/4qf8rt8mt594hcs/DSCF8643-2.jpg?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/0g69s1ia12ciax5/DSCF8638-2.jpg?dl=0

Yep, I was selling the Sire V7 and although it arrived with a bit of a ropey set up it left zinging with a refined super fast set up. They're great basses for the money. The pre-amp is particularly impressive. And yep, just like the Modern Player, it looked cool!

To anyone else interested in the four knob setup on the Modern Player:

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]The knobs are: a selector knob for different combinations of the coils, volume for bridge, volume for mid, and tone control. [/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]The selector gives you:[/font][/color]
[color=#333333][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][font=robotoslab, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]1. Midde/Bridge Pickups[/font][/font][/color]
[color=#333333][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][font=robotoslab, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]2. Middle Pickup/Outer Coil Bridge Pickup[/font][/font][/color]
[color=#333333][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][font=robotoslab, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]3. Bridge Pickup/Outer Coil Middle Pickup[/font][/font][/color]
[color=#333333][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][font=robotoslab, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]4. Outer Coil of Middle/Outer Coil of Bridge Pickup[/font][/font][/color]

• 3 weeks later...