Why become a member? ×

For Sale, Sadowsky Metro RV5
£1495

chris_b

My Sadowsky Metro RV5 Jazz is now for sale.

It was built in 2005, a 3 tone sunburst with tort pick guard. There is some player wear on this bass.

In mid 2017 I had Martin at the Bass Gallery give it the once over. He tweaked a few things and did a set up and fret stone. It now plays beautifully. The pre amp (incorporating the VTC) creates that huge Sadowsky tone. The frets are in top shape and the neck is straight and very stable. Currently strung with DR Nickel Lo-Riders 45-125.

Specs are as follows:
- 34” neck
- Alder body and maple neck with Morado fretboard
- Sadowsky hum cancelling J pickups (60’s location)
- Sadowsky 2-band pre amp, VTC and true bypass passive switch
- 21 frets
- 19mm spacing @ bridge
- nut width 1.875"
- Radius 12"
- Dunlop straplock buttons
- weight is 9lb 6oz (4.26kg)
- Includes original Sadowsky soft case

Controls are:
- Master volume
- Pan pot (pickup blend)
- Treble roll-off (VTC) pull for passive option, ie pre-amp true bypass
- Boost only tone controls
- Stacked bass and treble (bass at the bottom)

All my gear lives in my smoke free back room and this bass has always travelled to gigs in my car.

I bought it from Basschat in March 2017 because I'd always wanted a Sadowsky Jazz after playing several at the Bass Gallery. This is a reluctant sale of one of the best sounding basses I've owned, but due to shoulder and back issues I need to move to a lighter bass.

If anyone wants to try this bass PM me and we can work something out. I can post (at buyers expense) and can deliver within 50 miles of Kingston upon Thames, or further if I'm going that way.

The only trade I would consider is a Sadowsky NYC weighing less than 8 1/2lbs. Apart from that bass, this is sale only.

I prefer cash or bank transfer in that order.

No international shipping. UK sale only.

image.jpeg.56a6b05bfde3bc7f46dbf0f8c7294098.jpeg

image.jpeg.0332cdb0de447c7a26fe4812eb968ac2.jpeg

Edited because my original photos have been hi-jacked and taken hostage by Photobucket. More photos available on request.

Edited by chris_b

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...