Why become a member? ×

Where do people get these names?

Happy Jack

I work in property. I once sold a house belonging to a mr & mrs Piso. The buyers were Mr&Mrs Shittu. I jest not. This year my office rented a flat to a gentleman resplendent in the name of Mustafa Tug. Most unfortunate

I had dealings with a Miss Charlotte Hole who worked for a company called Munters......... I also have a a guy working for me called Krishan Mistry or Krish-mistry...gwan say it. Finally a friend of mine used to be in the forces and reported to a Captain Pine-Coffin. WTF

I used to have a client at work called Dick Standing.

My mum used to work with a woman called Jenny Taylor.

Recently I did a site visit for work and on arrival was introduced to the project manager, Bob Marley and the fitter, James Brown. Somehow i kept a straight face...

Edited by PaulGibsonBass

I have a colleague called Chris Peacock ( he's fine with Crispy btw 😀), once opened a bank account for Dr Hu , and still remember the story about a local wag who changed his name to Mr Ha Ha Woof Woof.
This just prior to a court case, brought by the local council and who he claimed were laughing at him and treating him like a dog.

[quote name='martin8708' timestamp='1498893342' post='3327773']
We had a chap in school whose name was Robert Sole , poor fella .

Our local motorcycle shop is called Dave Deaths Motorcycles ( Triumph and Yamaha dealer )
[/quote]
It's a Welsh name, technically De'ath not death, when I was doing my PhD one of the guys in the chemistry dept was a Dr De'ath, he had heard it a million times and had absolutely no sense of humour at all.

[quote name='Johnny Wishbone' timestamp='1498826683' post='3327377']
Whoaahhh Black Betty

[url="http://s36.photobucket.com/user/JohnnyWishbone035/media/Mobile%20Uploads/106B5D19-5406-44A0-8289-A477067F7F65.jpg.html"][/url]
[/quote]

Coffee. Computer keyboard.

EDIT: Isn't that the bloke who used to bastardise guitars for people with sausage fingers?

Edited by JapanAxe

I once had a customer called William Shakespeare. I also worked in an office with a lady called Hyacinth. Thought nothing of it until I found out her real name is actually Hope. Why change it? I asked. "My surname is "Less", she told me.
Man, some parents are cruel.

Regards
Richard Bowtie

[quote name='pmjos' timestamp='1498859489' post='3327681']
Captain Pine-Coffin. WTF
[/quote]

When I started at my first job (Electricity Board), I had access to application forms, some of which were decades old. I distinctly remember having a little chuckle at Norman Pine-Coffin.

There were dozens of belters.

[quote name='bazztard' timestamp='1498883198' post='3327733']
we found a great country singer name from a few missing letters from the sign on the roof of the take-away chicken shop

Charco l hickens

ONE day I'm gonna use it :)
[/quote]
There's a pub near Bristol Airport called the Airport Tavern. It's never been terribly well-presented, but at one time it looked near derelict and a whole bunch of the letters spelling out its name had fallen off the front, turning 'AIRPORT TAVERN' into '..R.O.T ..VERN'. Somehow it seemed very fitting and I have adopted the word 'rotvern' as a description for any establishment that appears dodgy or unkempt; e.g. "there's no way I'm playing there, it's a complete rotvern" or "the King's Arms used to be nice but it's gone a bit a rotvern since that new landlord moved in".