Why become a member? ×

Godin Acousticaster wiring diagram

dmccombe7

Guitarist has a Godin Acousticaster that battery cable came loose and touched the circuit board burning out a transistor.
He took the board out of the guitar himself and i managed to get it repaired at a local electronic repair shop.
I didn't see the cabling and where it originally went.

When we reconnected the board in the guitar it didn't work at all.

Does anyone have a wiring diagram for this guitar and if possible one for the circuit board.
Even an explanation of how it actually works.

There's a red and black cable from the circuit board that i'm guessing goes to the jack socket and there's a single white cable that goes somewhere under the saddles ?

Any help appreciated.

Dave

Just in case anyone reads this i did manage to get a wiring diagram from Godin thru Merchant City Music in Glasgow.
Godin did not even respond to my own request for same thing which is disappointing to say the least.

Dave

[quote name='gary mac' timestamp='1498822343' post='3327311']
Glad to hear you're sorted :)
[/quote]

cheers Gary. Merchant City have been really helpful. Good to know there are still shops out there that are happy to help even if no money in it for them.
Unless of course i don't manage to get it sorted at next rehearsal :lol:

Dave

• 3 months later...

Hi Dave I have a similar problem I'm an Irish musician in Spain and my Godin has gone down it is the sliders on the circuit board, but the board is damaged is there any possibility you could send a copy r email or the circuit board r if ya hear of any where I might a Godin acousticaster for parts r electrics could you let me know please, I'm desperate ate this stage. Thanking u
Tony

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]I did manage to get it sorted for our guitarist.[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]I've attached a copy of the external wiring diagram onto the circuit board if that helps.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]I took the circuit board into my repair tech in Glasgow who repaired the circuit board.[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]The original fault was that the battery connection came loose from the board and touched the circuit board frying a circuit chip.[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]The guitarist had removed the board himself and had managed to get the cable locations wrong for re-fitting.[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]After the circuit board chip was replaced and board tested i rewired it back into the guitar for him.[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]The electronic repair tech i use said it was a pretty simple standard amplifier board and he was able to folow the circuit quite easily. I'm assuming any local tech in your area could check and repair the board too[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]If not i can send you the address and details of the guy i use and you could post the circuit board itself to him provided you are ok with soldering things.[/font][/color]
If i remember right i don't think i could find a circuit diagram of the circuit board itself but it might be worth google check.

All the best Dave

[attachment=256843:Godin ACOUSTICASTER WIRING DIAGRAM - 9volt.pdf]

Edited by dmccombe7

• 6 months later...
On 28/06/2017 at 20:59, dmccombe7 said:

Guitarist has a Godin Acousticaster that battery cable came loose and touched the circuit board burning out a transistor.
He took the board out of the guitar himself and i managed to get it repaired at a local electronic repair shop.
I didn't see the cabling and where it originally went.

When we reconnected the board in the guitar it didn't work at all.

Does anyone have a wiring diagram for this guitar and if possible one for the circuit board.
Even an explanation of how it actually works.

There's a red and black cable from the circuit board that i'm guessing goes to the jack socket and there's a single white cable that goes somewhere under the saddles ?

Any help appreciated.

Dave

Might want to ask @KiOgon

Edited by SH73

2 hours ago, SH73 said:

Might want to ask @KiOgon

Thanks for the reply but its an old post from 2017. Managed to get a wiring diagram thru a Glasgow shop that were extremely helpful in contacting Godin direct and forwarding the diagram to me.

Godin themselves never actually replied to any messages i sent them.

All sorted now tho and i've since passe on the diagram to a few others on Basschat.

Cheers

Dave