Why become a member? ×

Ed Sheerhan at Glastonbury.

Cato

[quote name='the boy' timestamp='1498832908' post='3327451']

Outstanding performance. The highlight of Glastonbury for me this year.
[/quote]i agree, and that's my point, the killers should have been on the main stage and ed consigned to the tent

Did't like the new single though!

[quote name='gareth' timestamp='1498842751' post='3327531']
i agree, and that's my point, the killers should have been on the main stage and ed consigned to the tent

[/quote]

The Killers actually headlined the Pyramid Stage one year about 10 years ago, I suppose they were at their zenith in terms of popularity and thats a huge factor when it comes to a headliner. I didn't watch them, instead I went to see Iggy and the Stoogies at The Other Stage - so many choices!

I just watched it again, repeated on bbc1. It's a fabulous performance and totally got the whole crowd going.

It gets better the further it progresses.

You've got to hand it to the guy, a whole string of instantly recognisable pop songs and great stage craft. Yes loopers have been used before, but so have fuzz pedals, wah wah pedals and even two guitar, bass and drums bands.

I think he nailed it and having watched it twice can see exactly why he didn't use a band.

I was very impressed that whole tracts of people in the audience were even singing along with the rap lyrics - the guy and his music are truly popular.

[quote name='Barking Spiders' timestamp='1499070371' post='3328876']
Hmm Ed shows why - Eminem excepted - white people, and especially white Brits, should never try rapping...
[/quote]

Can they still try to play the blues, though..? Or jive dance..? Pick cotton, maybe..? :unsure:

[quote name='T-Bay' timestamp='1498500929' post='3325069']
I watched far too many hours, liked- almost all of it, loved - royal blood, FF, Killers, The Sherlocks, didn't like - Radiohead, very dreary, Ed, one trick pony, Biffy Clyro, usually love them but just too shouty and not at their best by a long way. I even watched ten minutes of Katy Perry!
[/quote]

Which just proves it's horses for courses as Royal Blood bored me stiff, Killers I don't like anyway, loved Biffy C, thought Ed was great and thought Radiohead were on another level entirely, far, far above anyone else I saw.

Everyone has different tastes, which is as it should be, and is why people should try not to get their knickers in a twist when someone doesn't like something they do.

Edited by 4000

[quote name='gareth' timestamp='1498842751' post='3327531']
i agree, and that's my point, the killers should have been on the main stage and ed consigned to the tent

[/quote]
The Killers are staging a comeback so they weren't quite mainstage headline material in terms of their wider appeal but certainly an outstanding performance.