Why become a member? ×

*SOLD* Fender 70s Classic Jazz Bass
£400

HMX

Hi all, I've been umming and ahing a while about whether I should get rid of this bass. I've had it for around 8 years and it's a real looker! Sounds great, it's easy to play (though I believe the neck is a little chunkier than a standard Jazz). It's out the door because I'm about to move house and my P bass is top of the pecking order these days.

It's a Fender 70s Classic Jazz (MIM) in black with rosewood fingerboard, mother of pearl inlays, and I've customised it with a Gotoh 201 bridge and black pickguard (happy to include the original white one too). Slight nick on the back of the horn (see penultimate image) but no major damage/defects. It's been gigged and recorded with several times and has never let me down. The bass hasn't been played much in the last couple of years, so it could do with a setup and the action lowered.

I'm looking for[b] £300[/b] and collection in Brighton. Of course, I welcome anyone to come and have a play. Happy to throw in a decent Tiger bass case with plenty of storage space.

Any questions, let me know!

[url="http://shop.fender.com/en-GB/electric-basses/jazz-bass/70s-jazz-bass/0132000300.html"]Official Fender spec[/url]
[url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/73870-feedback-for-hmx/"]My feedback thread[/url]

Edited by HMX

[quote name='bigmuff69' timestamp='1498898170' post='3327807']
Any chance of posting to Manchester

Cheers
[/quote]
Sorry mate, I'm moving house this week so would prefer collection in London.

Update to all: Keen to get this lovely bass out the door this week.... Looking for [b]£320[/b] and collection.

[quote name='HMX' timestamp='1499088599' post='3329071']
Sorry mate, I'm moving house this week so would prefer collection in London.

Update to all: Keen to get this lovely bass out the door this week.... Looking for [b]£320[/b] and collection.
[/quote]

Too bad, I would buy this in a heartbeat if you were willing to ship it...

BUMP and final price drop to [b]£300[/b]. Collection from [b]Brighton[/b]. Offering it at a low price because I'd like collection only.

Edited by HMX