Why become a member? ×

Liam - where did it all go wrong?

T-Bay

Just watching the Glastonbury coverage and Liam Gallagher is just terrible. I have to admit I was not a big oasis fan but they were ok pop songs for their time, but tonight he is just not there. He is 'singing' as though he has never heard the song before.

[quote name='Grassie' timestamp='1498337680' post='3323974']
I disagree a little. His voice is better than it was in the latter years of Oasis, but his backing band are pretty average and was it just me or was he reading the lyrics of an autocue?
[/quote]
Really? He was worse before? I am genuinely shocked. I thought he was reading it but dismissed it on the grounds 'he couldn't be'. He seemed to be a bit out of it in the interview afterwards.

Foo fighters are awesome as always though.

[quote name='Grassie' timestamp='1498337680' post='3323974']
I disagree a little. His voice is better than it was in the latter years of Oasis, but his backing band are pretty average and was it just me or was he reading the lyrics of an autocue?
[/quote]
i agree. his voice is much better now than the end of oasis/beady eye years.
honestly, he was never a world beater, but he had the swagger of a rock star, and he seems to have got his mojo back
i am biased, he was the rock star of my youth, so to see him somewhere near his best is fine by me

[quote name='CamdenRob' timestamp='1498340454' post='3323991']
It went wrong at the start... when he decided to sign in a band
[/quote]

I think its nice he's doing something for the deaf people ,,,,,,,,,,,that'ill be everyone who turns up then !! :D

I have only just been able to listen to an Oasis song on the radio now

The Guys an arse'ole always was and probably always will be - his brother should know. Turning up unprepared is just another example of the contempt for the hard work most artists put into the business before getting anything out.

Where did it all go wrong? In Manchester, on the day he fancied being a rock star. That's where.

As with many occupations, being an obnoxious arsehole is something you can only get away with if you have sufficient talent to make you worth tolerating.

Edited by leftybassman392

[quote name='leftybassman392' timestamp='1498380399' post='3324130']
Where did it all go wrong? In Manchester, on the day he fancied being a rock star. That's where.

As with many occupations, being an obnoxious arsehole is something you can only get away with if you have sufficient talent to make you worth tolerating.
[/quote]

its just that all that talent was pretty much all his brother and the A&R and production team on all the big oasis schtuff

[quote name='steve-bbb' timestamp='1498378075' post='3324107']
just scanned through 45 minutes of his turgid sh*te on the bbc website

fair play to him - he's made himself a tidy few bucks out of 0.1% talent/charisma and 99.9% sneering self important arrogance
[/quote]I haven't watched it and I know I don't have to as my opinion of Liam was already very, very low. I have to agree about talent vs attitude balance, however, I think you've overweighted the talent side ;) Yeah, I've never liked him, or Oasis for that matter, Noel's ok I guess, if you like that sort of thing.

Funny that, Blur and Oasis formed my early teen influences along with the usual heavier USA bands like Pearl Jam and Nirvana....I'll never have a bad word to say about either band or their members.

Liam might wind you up, but I personally like his swagger and sneer; far too many people don't dare say anything in this modern age, yet Liam just carries on winding people up.

I did not hear one bum note, in fact he was really putting an effort into his vocals if you ask me. He sings quite aggressively, almost like he is having a fight inside him to get it out, and he voiced a generation of kids into listening to old classic bands like The Beatles, etc.

I live in Manc and the support for him, especially since the Arena bombing and his effort to raise money, has been impressive.

The way he stains when stood at the microphone he looks like he's permanently trying to 'push one out'...and that's what he sounds like as well. I could never understand how he was rated as a vocalist.

He struck lucky that his brother could pen a decent tune, that said, I've never liked Oasis or that whole Britpop thing, couldn't abide it.

I did catch the Liam Gallagher set on the Beeb, it was dire.

[quote name='Marvin' timestamp='1498492025' post='3324989']
The way he stains when stood at the microphone he looks like he's permanently trying to 'push one out'...and that's what he sounds like as well. I could never understand how he was rated as a vocalist.

He struck lucky that his brother could pen a decent tune, that said, I've never liked Oasis or that whole Britpop thing, couldn't abide it.

I did catch the Liam Gallagher set on the Beeb, it was dire.
[/quote]Ha " The way he stains" unintentional excellence