Why become a member? ×

I need a new trolly.

ambient

[quote name='Panamonte' timestamp='1498307660' post='3323771']
I've had one of these for a couple of years:

https://totalsounds.co.uk/rocknroller-multi-cart-rmh1-mini-handtruck-p-4336.html

Compact and sturdy. Means that I can travel on buses and trains with a full gigging rig. Highly recommended.
[/quote]
Goes well with markbass, not so much with Trace!

This looks like a good 'un but it doesn't fold down

[url="http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Green-Jem-250-300-kg-3-in-1-Heavy-Duty-Sack-Truck-Trolley-Barrow-Yellow-11-Pi-/272652901380?epid=1863594765&hash=item3f7b611c04:g:OiQAAOSww5NZBv6e"]http://www.ebay.co.u...iQAAOSww5NZBv6e[/url]

Edited by fleabag

After 'old faithful' bit the dust with a buckled axle I had to pick up an emergency replacement before I could get another of the type I liked and I'm still using the 'emergency' two years on. Its a flat bed type thing but it does compact to a reasonably small size. Got it from Lidl, about £25 made by 'Powerfix'. Still available via[url="https://www.ebay.co.uk/i/122526292873?chn=ps&dispItem=1&adgroupid=41767405657&rlsatarget=pla-327666170829&abcId=1129006&adtype=pla&merchantid=114941879&poi=&googleloc=1006507&device=c&campaignid=861364981&crdt=0"] Ebay[/url] it seems...

• 1 month later...
Guest subaudio

Could I jump in on this thread, I won't make a mess :)

I've had trolleys with folding wheels and broke them very quickly.
What I have in mind is fixed base, standard sack trolley with big wheels but collapsible handle to get in taxi's/busses but with a long enough handle for me, being 6'3"
Does such a thing exist?

[quote name='subaudio' timestamp='1501708653' post='3346864']
Could I jump in on this thread, I won't make a mess :)

I've had trolleys with folding wheels and broke them very quickly.
What I have in mind is fixed base, standard sack trolley with big wheels but collapsible handle to get in taxi's/busses but with a long enough handle for me, being 6'3"
Does such a thing exist?
[/quote]

I bought one of these from Thomann.

[url="https://www.thomann.de/gb/millenium_go_kart_solo.htm?ref=search_rslt_millenium+trolley_370977_1"]https://www.thomann....rolley_370977_1[/url]

I'm not quite as tall as you, I'm 6. I used it for the first time on a gig down to Bristol last weekend. I got a lift to the railway station, on and off trains and had a walk of about a mile. It was fantastic. It comfortably held my PJB combo, pedal board etc.

It's got a nice long front section too, to take a decent load.

Here's a photo: [attachment=250437:20375727_742135825994681_2552161252010922407_n.jpg]

Edited by ambient

Guest subaudio

Thanks guys.
I'm a little bit wary of the folding base types as its a lot if weight on whatever the folding mechanism is.

I've not bought my rig yet but in my budget it may well end up being a non neo 4x10 and I like Gallien Krueger gear.

Would the Thoman ones cope?

I had a TE 1x15 combo with a SWR 2x10 cab stacked on the type with folding plate and the folding plate part never broke. Only thing that did for it was going down a fairly big pothole on a rough bit of road down the side of a pub (no lighting on road so i never saw the pothole). It buckled part of the axl where the wheel attached. Probably fixable but I decided to just replace the trolley, it didnt owe me anything after 6 or 7 years of use.

Guest subaudio

[quote name='KevB' timestamp='1501751196' post='3347052']
I had a TE 1x15 combo with a SWR 2x10 cab stacked on the type with folding plate and the folding plate part never broke. Only thing that did for it was going down a fairly big pothole on a rough bit of road down the side of a pub (no lighting on road so i never saw the pothole). It buckled part of the axl where the wheel attached. Probably fixable but I decided to just replace the trolley, it didnt owe me anything after 6 or 7 years of use.
[/quote]

Nice one, if they can handle TE it'll be fine :)

[quote name='subaudio' timestamp='1501750553' post='3347039']
Thanks guys.
I'm a little bit wary of the folding base types as its a lot if weight on whatever the folding mechanism is.

I've not bought my rig yet but in my budget it may well end up being a non neo 4x10 and I like Gallien Krueger gear.

Would the Thoman ones cope?
[/quote]

To give some idea, on mine as shown in the photo on Saturday, I had my pedalboard in it's case, and 10 pedals, plus a Voodoo Labs power supply, a very heavy Dunlop volume pedal, a Phil Jones Double 4 combo and it's power supply and a box of cables and leads.

My old one that eventually broke a month ago, was a drop down base type, that wasn't anywhere near as well made as my Millennium,, that carried my Markbass 1x12 combo all over the country, and had carried my double bass on the train to London, and on the tube around London

Guest subaudio

[quote name='ambient' timestamp='1501752077' post='3347062']

To give some idea, on mine as shown in the photo on Saturday, I had my pedalboard in it's case, and 10 pedals, plus a Voodoo Labs power supply, a very heavy Dunlop volume pedal, a Phil Jones Double 4 combo and it's power supply and a box of cables and leads.

My old one that eventually broke a month ago, was a drop down base type, that wasn't anywhere near as well made as my Millennium,, that carried my Markbass 1x12 combo all over the country, and had carried my double bass on the train to London, and on the tube around London
[/quote]

Nice one, as for double bass, when I played, my life improved exponentially when I bought a wheel for it from Bridgewood and Nitzert, the red one with inflatable tyre, highly recommend, and a no shocks ride.