Why become a member? ×

SE Bass Bash 2017 - with Steve Lawson and Davey Rimmer

Silvia Bluejay

• 2 weeks later...

Here's a quick reminder of what's going on at the Bash next month:

12.00: Talk by Lee from Andertons Music Co.

13.30: Davey Rimmer, Uriah Heep bassist

So;

[b]Andertons[/b]:
According to Lee, he said he 'would love to come and meet us Basschatters and talk all things bass... what we want from a bass shop, what their plans are etc.... :-)' 👍

Sounds pretty good to me!

[b]Davey Rimmer, Workshop[/b]
With a bit of help from Gary, a.k.a. cetera, I'm really pleased to say that Davey Rimmer (bassist for Uriah Heep) has offered to give a 45 minute presentation on his career; gear choices, life on the road, Uriah Heep, Trevor Bolder etc. And, if we ask him nicely, he may demonstrate a few tunes for us! 👏

[b]Ian Robinson, luthier[/b]
Ian has kindly offered to come along again this year and do set ups and other techy stuff on the day.

In order to make it worthwhile for Ian to come up for the day from the south coast for the day, it'd be good if he had an idea of any work that anyone might need. So, if there's anything that you need done on a bass, guitar, mandolin etc, please could you post up a request here so Ian knows what kit to bring up with him. Thanks! 😊

[b]Other stuff[/b]
It would still be good to have another talk if anyone fancies stepping in with a half hour on a topic of interest? For example, a valve Vs solid state shootout, a workshop on fretless bass, or music theory??

If you've any ideas, please PM me.

There will be all the usual other stuff going on of course, [b]The Jam Room[/b], [b]For Sale area[/b] in the Foyer, the big [b]Hall[/b] where you can set up all of you gear and basses, etc, etc and of course the [b] Refreshments Area[/b] ☕🍩 in the Foyer brilliantly arranged and managed by 🌠 Mrs Hamster! 🌠

So, thanks for looking and we look forward to seeing you next month! 😊

Nik

[quote name='silverfoxnik' timestamp='1503747124' post='3360665']

[b]Ian Robinson, luthier[/b]
Ian has kindly offered to come along again this year and do set ups and other techy stuff on the day.

In order to make it worthwhile for Ian to come up for the day from the south coast for the day, it'd be good if he had an idea of any work that anyone might need. So, if there's anything that you need done on a bass, guitar, mandolin etc, please could you post up a request here so Ian knows what kit to bring up with him. Thanks!

[/quote]

If Ian would be up for replacing a set of friction tuners on a 1920's 5 string banjo with some geared tuners that would be awesome. I have the banjo and the replacement parts. He'll need a violin reamer and a 9.5mm (3/8") drill.

[quote name='Happy Jack' timestamp='1503910943' post='3361421']
And is he any good at dealing with rust on a Mercedes Vito.

I'm happy to supply the body filler.
[/quote]
I will take a notepad and write down some tips from him. Can't wait

[quote name='pete.young' timestamp='1503910783' post='3361413']

If Ian would be up for replacing a set of friction tuners on a 1920's 5 string banjo with some geared tuners that would be awesome. I have the banjo and the replacement parts. He'll need a violin reamer and a 9.5mm (3/8") drill.
[/quote]

Cool.. will check with Ian and let you know. 😊

01. Hamster -
02. Silverfoxnik - BC Rich Eagle, Squier P Bass, Ander Vanderend JB5, Eden Traveller WT400 amp & Genz 2x12 cab
03. Steve Browning - some Precisions, Boogie M-Pulse 600 and Boogie Subway 15 cabs, Mesa Walkabout 15.
04. obbm - 2 x Spector Short scales.
05. Pawel G - Squier JV Precision and maybe others
06. Stingray5 - MusicMan and Tune basses; Trace Elliot and/or Eden amplification; Boss GT-6B.
07. Markstuk - Dingwall Z3, Lakland BG 5, BF Big Twin, Thunderfunk TF750a.
08. Cetera - Spector NS2, Spector Euro, Hamer Impact, Wal fretless, one or two more to be decided, big Pedalboard (!), GK800RB, GenzBenz Neox 212T
09. Johnthebassist - '69 Jazz Bass, GenzBenz Shuttle 9, Barefaced S12T, gang of smelly pedals
10.Timmo
11. Barneyg42
12.Walman - FPPR Status S1 - well it wouldn't be a SEBB without Barney's old bass now mine, however this year for the first time it won't have a for sale sticker on it :D
13.Rumblefish- Reverend Rumblefish,Wal Bass,Mesa M600,Berg CN212.
14. Happy Jack }
.........................} with a love that'll see you through
15. Bluejay........}
16. bassace - double bass, Felix Preamp, Puma 500 amp and Genzler 10-2 cab.
17. ChunkyMunky - Zon Sonus Custom 5, Yamaha BB425x, Genz Benz Shuttle 12.0 etc..
18. MacDaddy [color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]- a couple of custom Shuker's, and a Snapdragon folding bass[/font][/color]
19. louisthebass
20. TrevorR - 2 Wals, an Aria SB700, a Markbass LMII and 2x10 plus some pedals...
21. jhk - yamaha TRB6P, MM stingray 5 fretless, GB Spitfire Fiver, Eden cabs plus Eden wt600 and EBS
22. Seer73 - 2 or 3 lefty basses + amp of some sort - TBD as having GAS issues at the minute
23 - Thestick - Wal , Ken smith , Jeff finch, Aguilar amp
24 - Chris_b
25 - Pete.Young - Yamaha BBNE2, Duesenberg Star, pimped Bass Collection SB465, LMII, EBS Neo 2x12
26 -Grangur - BF One10 and Warwicks Streamer SS1 4-string, Streamer LX 4 Fretless, Jazzman FNA 5 , Corvette 4, Corvette Bubinga 5
27. Captain Rumble - Vanderklay MNT212, Thunderfunk, Xotic jazz
28. Graham - Lakland DJ5, G&L SB2, EBS HD350, EBS Neo 2x12
29. Mangotango - Fernandes Gravity 5x, Dean Pace,TC Electronics BG250-112
30. Andyjr1515 - Kert's Camphor Single Cut, Pete's Piccolo Bass, Pete's EB-3 ish custom builds
31. Wolverinebass
32. Merton - some ACGs, possibly a Status J and maybe a One10 if it's of any interest (I've not seen one on the list!)
33. smaz [?]M
34. Kebabkid - Sire Marcus Miller V7, Roland Bass Cube 120XL, Zoom B3 (possibly a pedalboard with Xotic, Keeley, Way Huge etc)

Edited by Kebabkid

[quote name='pete.young' timestamp='1503910783' post='3361413']

[/quote]

Hi Pete

Ian said:

"Strange request for a bass day :-) but yes certainly. If it's just fitting it will be around £20-25. Extra to string and set up to play."

Shall I let him know you'll be there avec le Banjo?

Nik

01. Hamster -
02. Silverfoxnik - BC Rich Eagle, Squier P Bass, Ander Vanderend JB5, Eden Traveller WT400 amp & Genz 2x12 cab
03. Steve Browning - some Precisions, Boogie M-Pulse 600 and Boogie Subway 15 cabs, Mesa Walkabout 15.
04. obbm - 2 x Spector Short scales.
05. Pawel G - Squier JV Precision and maybe others
06. Stingray5 - MusicMan and Tune basses; Trace Elliot and/or Eden amplification; Boss GT-6B.
07. Markstuk - Dingwall Z3, Lakland BG 5, BF Big Twin, Thunderfunk TF750a.
08. Cetera - Spector NS2, Spector Euro, Hamer Impact, Wal fretless, one or two more to be decided, big Pedalboard (!), GK800RB, GenzBenz Neox 212T
09. Johnthebassist - '69 Jazz Bass, GenzBenz Shuttle 9, Barefaced S12T, gang of smelly pedals
10.Timmo
11. Barneyg42
12.Walman - FPPR Status S1 - well it wouldn't be a SEBB without Barney's old bass now mine, however this year for the first time it won't have a for sale sticker on it :D
13.Rumblefish- Reverend Rumblefish,Wal Bass,Mesa M600,Berg CN212.
14. Happy Jack }
.........................} with a love that'll see you through (and Paul the Drums, of course)
15. Bluejay........}
16. bassace - double bass, Felix Preamp, Puma 500 amp and Genzler 10-2 cab.
17. ChunkyMunky - Zon Sonus Custom 5, Yamaha BB425x, Genz Benz Shuttle 12.0 etc..
18. MacDaddy [color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]- a couple of custom Shuker's, and a Snapdragon folding bass[/font][/color]
19. louisthebass
20. TrevorR - 2 Wals, an Aria SB700, a Markbass LMII and 2x10 plus some pedals...
21. jhk - yamaha TRB6P, MM stingray 5 fretless, GB Spitfire Fiver, Eden cabs plus Eden wt600 and EBS
22. Seer73 - 2 or 3 lefty basses + amp of some sort - TBD as having GAS issues at the minute
23 - Thestick - Wal , Ken smith , Jeff finch, Aguilar amp
24 - Chris_b
25 - Pete.Young - Yamaha BBNE2, Duesenberg Star, pimped Bass Collection SB465, LMII, EBS Neo 2x12
26 -Grangur - BF One10 and Warwicks Streamer SS1 4-string, Streamer LX 4 Fretless, Jazzman FNA 5 , Corvette 4, Corvette Bubinga 5
27. Captain Rumble - Vanderklay MNT212, Thunderfunk, Xotic jazz
28. Graham - Lakland DJ5, G&L SB2, EBS HD350, EBS Neo 2x12
29. Mangotango - Fernandes Gravity 5x, Dean Pace,TC Electronics BG250-112
30. Andyjr1515 - Kert's Camphor Single Cut, Pete's Piccolo Bass, Pete's EB-3 ish custom builds
31. Wolverinebass
32. Merton - some ACGs, possibly a Status J and maybe a One10 if it's of any interest (I've not seen one on the list!)
33. smaz [?]M
34. Kebabkid - Sire Marcus Miller V7, Zoom B3 (possibly a pedalboard with Xotic, Keeley, Way Huge etc)
35. Discreet

Edited by Happy Jack

[quote name='Graham' timestamp='1504009326' post='3362072']
Would it be worth approaching the guys at Status about a talk? History of the company, use of graphite vs wood, notable players - that sort of thing?
[/quote]

Great idea!

Does anyone have any direct links to them, Rob in particular?

[quote name='silverfoxnik' timestamp='1503932290' post='3361637']

"Strange request for a bass day :-) but yes certainly. If it's just fitting it will be around £20-25. Extra to string and set up to play."

Shall I let him know you'll be there avec le Banjo?

[/quote]
Yes please, and in the meantime I'll try and get the old 5th string peg out. No need for strings and setup. Thanks for your help Nik.

[quote name='silverfoxnik' timestamp='1504010125' post='3362080']
Great idea!

Does anyone have any direct links to them, Rob in particular?
[/quote]Email Status or ring. I believe Rob often responds direct and if not the person who answers is v helpful (can't remember her name but helped with sorting out the right pasrt for the S1)