Why become a member? ×

SE Bass Bash 2017 - with Steve Lawson and Davey Rimmer

Silvia Bluejay

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]01. Hamster -[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]02. Silverfoxnik - BC Rich Eagle, Squier P Bass, Ander Vanderend JB5, Eden Traveller WT400 amp, Genz 2x12 cab[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]03. Steve Browning - some Precisions, Boogie M-Pulse 600 and Boogie Subway 15 cabs, Mesa Walkabout 15.[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]04. obbm - 2 x Spector Short scales.[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]05. Pawel G - Squier JV Precision and maybe others[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]06. Stingray5 - MusicMan and Tune basses; Trace Elliot and/or Eden amplification; Boss GT-6B.[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]07. Markstuk - Dingwall Z3, Lakland BG 5, BF Big Twin, Thunderfunk TF750a.[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]08. Cetera - Spector NS2, Spector Euro, Hamer Impact, Wal fretless, one or two more to be decided, big Pedalboard (!), GK800RB, GenzBenz Neox 212T[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]09. Johnthebassist - '69 Jazz Bass, GenzBenz Shuttle 9, Barefaced S12T, gang of smelly pedals[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]10.Timmo[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]11. Barneyg42[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]12.Walman - FPPR Status S1 - well it wouldn't be a SEBB without Barney's old bass now mine, however this year for the first time it won't have a for sale sticker on it [/font][/color] :D
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]13.Rumblefish- Reverend Rumblefish,Wal Bass,Mesa M600,Berg CN212.[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]14. Happy Jack }[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif].........................} with a love that'll see you through (and Paul the Drums, of course)[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]15. Bluejay........}[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]16. bassace - double bass, Felix Preamp, Puma 500 amp and Genzler 10-2 cab.[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]17. ChunkyMunky - Zon Sonus Custom 5, Yamaha BB425x, Genz Benz Shuttle 12.0 etc..[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]18. MacDaddy - a couple of custom Shuker's, and a Snapdragon folding bass[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]19. louisthebass[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]20. TrevorR - 2 Wals, an Aria SB700, a Markbass LMII and 2x10 plus some pedals...[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]21. jhk - yamaha TRB6P, MM stingray 5 fretless, GB Spitfire Fiver, Eden cabs plus Eden wt600 and EBS[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]22. Seer73 - 2 or 3 lefty basses + amp of some sort - TBD as having GAS issues at the minute[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]23 - Thestick - Wal , Ken smith , Jeff finch, Aguilar amp[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]24 - Chris_b[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]25 - Pete.Young - Yamaha BBNE2, Duesenberg Star, pimped Bass Collection SB465, LMII, EBS Neo 2x12[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]26 - Paul - guest drummer[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]27. Captain Rumble - Vanderklay MNT212, Thunderfunk, Xotic jazz[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]28. Graham - Lakland DJ5, G&L SB2, EBS HD350, EBS Neo 2x12[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]29. Mangotango - Fernandes Gravity 5x, Dean Pace,TC Electronics BG250-112[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]30. Andyjr1515 - Kert's Camphor Single Cut, Pete's Piccolo Bass, Pete's EB-3 ish custom builds[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]31. Wolverinebass[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]32. Merton - some ACGs, possibly a Status J and maybe a One10 if it's of any interest (I've not seen one on the list!)[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]33. smaz -[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]34. Kebabkid - Sire Marcus Miller V7, Zoom B3 (possibly a pedalboard with Xotic, Keeley, Way Huge etc)[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]35. prowla - '64 Ric 4001, along with a really nice 2010 4003[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]36. 51m0n -[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]37. Steve Lawson - guest speaker[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]38. Davey Rimmer - guest speaker[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]39. Lee (andertons) - guest speaker[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]40. Chowneybass - guest exhibitor[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]41. Ian Robinson - guest luthier[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]42. Quevlar[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]43. orangefriday[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]44. Sibob - 1971 Precision w/flats, Lakland 44-94 passive P/J, Barefaced G2 Midget, Markbass LM800, Solo/Looping pedalboard consisting of EQD, Rainger, Dwarfcraft, Boss, Mr Black, Fuzzrocious, COG, Line 6 & TC.[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]45. ped - lots of Basschat stuff[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]46. hen barn - Kingbass and my new Vanderkey LNT210[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]47. clivem[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]48. Hazy Bass - Thunderfunk head, home built cabs, probably Fender Jazz and/or Precision, pedal board ...[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]49. Jabba_the_gut[/font][/color]

Accident westbound as I was leaving the Bash may mean some may be late home.

Excellent attendance with over 50, I had a great day, met up with Andy again, nice that he was able to see the fruits of his labours after reuniting with the Silk Bass and Psilos Bass. Loads of interest in both and Andy was there to answer questions about them and his other wares (Kert's bass looks even better in real life over the photos).

I also had a lot of interest in the Trace Elliot Elf which I took and there was a lot of surprised and impressed BCers. Unfortunately I won't be collecting any commission on any that I may have sold on their behalf.

Stephen Chowny was there with some of his beautiful wares - the semi acoustics looked great but I didn't get on with the Jack Cassidy I had so no reason I'd get on with one of Stephen's (though I would have one hanging on a wall if I won the lottery). The Scott Whitley models looked very classy - I think Silvia took some photos.

For me, Ped's Wing Bass was very impressive - need to look out for one on eBay (or get Andy to build me something similar) ;) ;) .

Another great BC Bash - sorry for all those that missed it.

[quote name='bluejay' timestamp='1506187134' post='3376980']
Back home too, quick dinner before we leave for a gig. Was great to see you all, and once again I didn't have [color=#800080][b](time)[/b][/color] to say hi to all!
We do have lots of footage and pics. :)
[/quote]

You are in a hurry...don't even have time to write "[i]time[/i]"... :lol: :lol:

Got back earlier, yes m25 was fun and games! Being new to bass (and basschat) only got to have a quick chat with the nice chap on the door (Hamster i think?), had a brief chat with another nice man in the main hall (he caught me drooling over a Squier P bass in there, lol) and said hello to another gent who was there with his lad. There were plenty of lovely guitars on show and was really impressed with the playing i saw. Kinda watched from afar as wasn't sure about approaching anyone as didn't want to appear rude and interrupt anything.. Davey Rimmer's talk was really informative and his playing was epic. Hopefully will be able to go to the next one and actually be able to come and say hello to some of you :)

Great day, thanks all. I'm one who was mighty impressed with Mick's little package (ahem, that's the second time I've made that terrible joke today) and now have to have willpower to stop myself phoning Bass Direct! Davey Rimmer was a lovely bloke and I thoroughly enjoyed his talk, sadly I missed Mr Lawson as I was busy comparing my ACG with many Spectors and checking out the wonderful creations of Mr orangefriday - especially the PacMan LEDs!

Darren Reddick was a lovely guy and had some really interesting stories to tell, but he didn't like my ACGs so that's a black mark :P

Off to a gig now, looking forward to next year already :)

Edited by Merton

Just got home. Thanks too the organisers for putting this together again. Davey Rimmer was amazing. I knew easy Living, but was unaware of the rest of the catalogue. I will be looking for their CD's now.
Steve Lawson put on a good show. How anyone can ramble so much and be highly entertaining is beyond me.
Already looking forward to next year.

Evening all.

Well, I lost my Basschat Bass Bash Cherry today and it was lovely to meet and talk to many of you and it was an enjoyable, fun and informative day.

So many different pieces like Andy's work, Mick The Greek's basses and Ped's Wing Bass.

Thanks to Colin, Nick, Ped, Gary and anyone else who helped organise things and what a lovely, welcoming bunch you all are and how nice to have not only bass players there but a couple of "Greek bass players" too :)

I look forward to the next one and now just contemplating on what I can sell to buy a Spector!

Cheers for a great day,

Cos (Kebabkid)

p.s. As I'm primarily a guitarist, I tend to reside more over on The Fretboard Forum but I promise to visit and interact more on this place.

Well - I'm back up in the Grim North :)

Great Bash - many thanks and much kudos to the organisers. Excellent Bash. Had to miss Steve's slot because I needed to get back on the motorway, but Lee's and Davey's talks were very informative and interesting.

Great to see some old faces again and put names to faces of a few more. And wow - some really really nice stuff. Many ideas to shamelessly steal ;)

And so pleased Mick could make it too and bring the Psilos and Silk basses for people to see in the flesh. I'm always a bit nervous to see former builds 'just in case', but was pleased that both of them were actually better than I remembered them.

I look forward to the next one. And Cos - I'm a regular also on TheFretboard. Do you use the same web name?

Andy

Edited by Andyjr1515

Indeed another great Bash. Nice to see so many familiar faces again. was it really a whole year since the last one.

Thanks to the organising team and the presenters. Also thanks to folks who bought cables.

Finally got the chance to try a BF One10, the infamous Elf and a full size Spector.