Why become a member? ×

SE Bass Bash 2017 - with Steve Lawson and Davey Rimmer

Silvia Bluejay

Awesome, i will definitely be coming to have a look then, thank you. I'll be the sociably awkward one, no doubt in a Star Wars t-shirt looking like he has no clue what is going on, lol.
Oh btw, i will be travelling from Witney and happy to car share if anyone from this way was going if you can tolerate radio 2.

Hi folks, currently on Gumtree is my Alesis Quadraverb GT rack FX unit and Rolls MP8 midi foot controller. Both units in very good condition with leads/cables, original boxes, manuals, etc. The foot controller makes all the difference whether you want to use the GT either live, at home, or in the studio.

Asking £180 but to any interested Basschatters at the bass bash - [b]£150[/b] (or very near offer).

[url="https://www.gumtree.com/p/effects/alesis-quadraverb-gt-rack-fx-unit-and-rolls-mp8-midi-foot-controller-vgc/1262404387"]Full details and pictures here[/url]

Cheers,
Steve

[quote name='Steve Lawson' timestamp='1505119630' post='3369522']
Actually, scratch that, I'll bring my 5 string fretless Rick Turner Renaissance... that's up for sale :)

Sx
[/quote]

Please don't Steve. I have enough basses already, and even Silvia's legendary patience can only be pushed so far ...

I'd prefer it if you'd bring a Jazz of some description to sell.

I hate Jazz basses.

:rolleyes:

It's something to do with the amount of money I've spent trying to get on with the bloody things.

I've had Jazz & Superjazz, active & passive, vintage & modern, new and pre-loved, and all I ever seem to do is end up trying to make them sound like a Precision. :rolleyes:

I've had to reach the conclusion that I'm just not a mid-scooped kind of guy.

[quote name='Quevlar' timestamp='1505093787' post='3369432']
Apologies for the silly question, have only just signed up to the forum, never played a bass and don't currently own one (hoping to get one soon). Is this something that's open for a clueless beginner to just come along and have a bit of a nose please ? Only about an hour or so drive and would be nice to have a nose at some bass playing up close and personal and see some different bass' in the flesh so to speak. If it is open to anyone with an interest in bass do you pay at the door or need to buy a ticket in advance ? Cheers :)
[/quote] You will enjoy it. The ticket price is about the best value you will get in my opinion. The masterclasses were outstanding last year, and looking at the roster this year, I expect the same. I look forward to this event every year.

[quote name='timmo' timestamp='1505200448' post='3370080']
You will enjoy it. The ticket price is about the best value you will get in my opinion. The masterclasses were outstanding last year, and looking at the roster this year, I expect the same. I look forward to this event every year.
[/quote]

WHY, oh why does it have to be the same day as the Duxford Battle of Britain event?!!! I know this sounds daft, but I have a customer I have to take to it every year... I'm not even bothered about planes!!

Good luck all for a great day. I'll be thinking..

[quote name='Grangur' timestamp='1505202815' post='3370101']

WHY, oh why does it have to be the same day as the Duxford Battle of Britain event?!!! I know this sounds daft, but I have a customer I have to take to it every year... I'm not even bothered about planes!!

Good luck all for a great day. I'll be thinking..
[/quote]

Sorry to hear that... But if you'd like to donate a used Spitfire to next year's Raffle, that'd be great! 😀

Hello all

I know I'm a bit late to the party... but I will be attending too.

I'll have a bunch of our basses for you to try out.[list]
[*]Chowny SWB-1
[*]Chowny SWB Pro
[*]Chowny CHB-1
[*]Retrovibe by Chowny EVO
[*]Retrovibe by Chowny Volante
[*]Fuzzster Pedal
[/list]
Look forward to seeing you all there!

[quote name='Chownybass' timestamp='1505235418' post='3370438']
Hello all

[*]Chowny SWB-1
[*]Chowny SWB Pro
[*]Chowny CHB-1
[*]Fuzzster Pedal
[/list]
[/quote]

I've added you to the Timetable! See you there :)

[quote name='Chownybass' timestamp='1505235418' post='3370438']
Hello all

[*]Chowny SWB-1
[*]Chowny SWB Pro
[*]Chowny CHB-1
[*]Fuzzster Pedal
[/list]
[/quote]

Brilliant news!

Looking forward to meeting you Stephen and to trying out some of your basses.. 😊

Nik