Why become a member? ×

SE Bass Bash 2017 - with Steve Lawson and Davey Rimmer

Silvia Bluejay

It's a really easy going format on the day normally...

Come along, bring some of your gear if you want to, chat with other Basschatters if you want to, listen to other people play, try out some new gear if you want to, have a jam in the Jam Room if you want to, etc, etc..

An keen interest in 'all things bass' and a very friendly vibe is the order of the day really. 😊

Nik, when we talked before, you said that it would be cool to get somebody to give a bass lesson. Is that still an idea? I think that would be great.
I can only imagine how hard it will be to find a subject fitting all the needs :-)

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]01. Hamster -[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]02. Silverfoxnik - BC Rich Eagle, Squier P Bass, Ander Vanderend JB5, Eden Traveller WT400 amp & Genz 2x12 cab[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]03. Steve Browning - some Precisions, Boogie M-Pulse 600 and Boogie Subway 15 cabs, Mesa Walkabout 15.[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]04. obbm - 2 x Spector Short scales.[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]05. Pawel G - Squier JV Precision and maybe others[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]06. Stingray5 - MusicMan and Tune basses; Trace Elliot and/or Eden amplification; Boss GT-6B.[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]07. Markstuk - Dingwall Z3, Lakland BG 5, BF Big Twin, Thunderfunk TF750a. [/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]08. Cetera - Spector NS2, Spector Euro, Hamer Impact, Wal fretless, one or two more to be decided, big Pedalboard (!), GK800RB, GenzBenz Neox 212T[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]09. Johnthebassist - '69 Jazz Bass, GenzBenz Shuttle 9, Barefaced S12T, gang of smelly pedals[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]10.Timmo[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]11. Barneyg42 [/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]12.Walman - FPPR Status S1 - well it wouldn't be a SEBB without Barney's old bass now mine, however this year for the first time it won't have a for sale sticker on it :D[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]13.Rumblefish- Reverend Rumblefish,Wal Bass,Mesa M600,Berg CN212. [/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]14. Happy Jack }[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif].........................} with a love that'll see you through[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]15. Bluejay........}[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]16. bassace - [/font][/color][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]double bass, Felix Preamp, Puma 500 amp and Genzler 10-2 cab.[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]17. ChunkyMunky - Zon Sonus Custom 5, Yamaha BB425x, Genz Benz Shuttle 12.0 etc.. [/font][/color]
[i][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]A bit of a long shot but does anyone have any SWR gear? I'd love to try some. :) [/font][/color][/i]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]18.[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]19.[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]20. [/font][/color]

Edited by ChunkyMunky

[quote name='PawelG' timestamp='1498809355' post='3327136']
Nik, when we talked before, you said that it would be cool to get somebody to give a bass lesson. Is that still an idea? I think that would be great.
I can only imagine how hard it will be to find a subject fitting all the needs :-)
[/quote]

Good call, Pawel..

Will ask around to see if anyone's available and willing to do a lesson for us.

It does need a bit of narrowing down though, so perhaps people could suggest some topics that would be really useful to have covered in a bass lesson?

A few years ago, Jake, a.k.a. jakenewmanbass, did a lesson for us at the West Sussex mini-Bash and that was great!

[quote name='silverfoxnik' timestamp='1498853174' post='3327627']
Good call, Pawel..

Will ask around to see if anyone's available and willing to do a lesson for us.

It does need a bit of narrowing down though, so perhaps people could suggest some topics that would be really useful to have covered in a bass lesson?

A few years ago, Jake, a.k.a. jakenewmanbass, did a lesson for us at the West Sussex mini-Bash and that was great!
[/quote]

Count me in too! :)

What about asking Paul Geary or Dave Swift to do a lesson (really enjoyed their talk at the show a few years ago)?

[quote name='silverfoxnik' timestamp='1498804707' post='3327096']
It's a really easy going format on the day normally...

Come along, bring some of your gear if you want to, chat with other Basschatters if you want to, listen to other people play, try out some new gear if you want to, have a jam in the Jam Room if you want to, etc, etc..

An keen interest in 'all things bass' and a very friendly vibe is the order of the day really.
[/quote]
Right - it's in my calendar!
I might bring along my '64 Ric for an outing.

[quote name='louisthebass' timestamp='1498895982' post='3327793']

Count me in too! :)

What about asking Paul Geary or Dave Swift to do a lesson (really enjoyed their talk at the show a few years ago)?
[/quote]

Good idea; I'm not sure who has an 'in' with Paul or Dave, but if someone could put in a word, that'd be great?

[quote name='silverfoxnik' timestamp='1498906842' post='3327893']
Good idea; I'm not sure who has an 'in' with Paul or Dave, but if someone could put in a word, that'd be great?
[/quote]

I know Paul - had lessons with him and he's a friend of mine on Facebook - I'll drop him a PM on there.

[quote name='silverfoxnik' timestamp='1498906902' post='3327894']

Me too!

Does anybody know Steve well enough to ask?
[/quote]

I've messaged Steve and I'll let you know if anything comes of it. I'm on his Facebook and can see he's a busy man so not a likely thing but you never know!!

[quote name='barneyg42' timestamp='1498904640' post='3327866']
I know he's a busy man but I'd love to see a set/talk by Steve Lawson!!
[/quote]

That was my thought too. Either a geeky effects chat or a looping masterclass. I know Steve from way back. Happy to drop him a line too!

PS planning to be there too!

Edited by TrevorR

[quote name='andyonbass' timestamp='1499153320' post='3329478']
How about a talk on In Ear Monitoring by someone in the know? I see quite a few threads on the subject so there might be some interest...?
[/quote]

I'd definitely be up for this. I've been 'umming' and 'arghing' over getting some or not.

[quote name='louisthebass' timestamp='1499155820' post='3329500']

Update: Paul's come back to me - unfortunately he can't make it as he's doing a gig in Finland that day.
[/quote]

Thanks for asking and a shame he can't join us.. Next time perhaps? 😊