Why become a member? ×

Ashdown or Eden?

stevekendal

Well as an Ashdown user I of course would recommend that, however if you don`t like the Ashdown sound will you take a hit if you re-sell?

Whereas with the Eden already being second hand, selling it on on here you probably wouldn`t make too much, if any, of a loss.

Something to take into account: Although the Eden is a very nice sounding amp, it is most definitely not a loud one.

Edit: Sorry, little quick on the trigger there. You said you'll be using DI, so it'll be a viable option then. Awesomely portable to boot. :)

Edited by Danuman

I have a RM420 and a wtx260. The Ashdown is much warmer sounding, but fundamentally coloured. The Eden is way cleaner, which is something I have always noticed in their amps; they add no 'flavour' at all. Which you prefer is up to you; I like them both!

I would say that I dislike the sound of the Ashdown distortion, and that the sub tracks poorly for me (even having sent it to Ashdown to have a look at it), but really enjoy the amp as an amp, particularly for rock. The Eden is smooth. Both are loud enough for what I have needed, but can also DI out.

I know that neither amp is quite what you asked for, but I thought they were similar enough that chiming in was worth it...

I have an ashdown abm500, and an eden ec 15 180 for smaller gigs.. the eden is surprisingly loud and
almost matches the ashdown [with one cab ]

I prefer the eden's more precise and articulate tone for funk/fusion stuff
and the ashdown is great for a more classic oldschool sound ,i tend to opt for the ashdown for reggae ,soul, and blues

The rootmaster sound wasn't for me i found it too middy and didnt have the warm bottom end i like from the ABM which was a shame as my back would of benefited from it !