Why become a member? ×

Desert Trail

CTO

[color=#191919][font=Verdana, Arial, sans-serif][size=4]hey[/size][/font][/color][color=#191919][font=Verdana, Arial, sans-serif][size=4] bass players[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#191919][font=Verdana, Arial, sans-serif][size=4]this tune is actually the first one I did without featuring my favourite singer to work with[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#191919][font=Verdana, Arial, sans-serif][size=4]I made this track to learn ableton live. live is great, but i still prefer to mix in logic...[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#191919][font=Verdana, Arial, sans-serif][size=4]The Bass is not very spectacular on this one - I had to fight a bit in the mix to get the kick and bass separated (...)[/size][/font][/color]

[url="https://soundcloud.com/cto-7/cto-desert-trail"]https://soundcloud.c...to-desert-trail[/url]

[color=#191919][font=Verdana, Arial, sans-serif][size=4]check it out if you like and let me know what you think[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#191919][font=Verdana, Arial, sans-serif][size=4]what would you call this genre?[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#191919][font=Verdana, Arial, sans-serif][size=4]Thanks![/size][/font][/color]
[color=#191919][font=Verdana, Arial, sans-serif][size=4]Theo[/size][/font][/color]

[quote name='CTO' timestamp='1497911985' post='3321340']...[color=#191919][font=Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]let me know what you think...[/font][/color]
[/quote]

Good evening, Theo...

For what it's worth, I think it's very good; no, rather very good indeed. A nice mix in general; slightly heavy on the bass drum, but not by much. Yes, the bass is discreet, but in context that's no bad thing; its role is amply fulfilled. One slight irritation: the 'Shadows' guitar at around the half-way mark. It comes across as weak compared to the rich tapestry woven up to then. Its 'in your face' timbre would prevent me from playing the track again. It could (in my view...) be either replaced with something a bit more subtle, or dispensed with entirely; there's quite enough going on, anyway.
What 'genre'..? Shoe-gaze..? Modern ethnic/world music..? Advanced retro update..? Dunno; I'm not strong on categories.
Good Stuff, then, with that slight reservation mentioned. Well done; your work is eminently listenable (take that as the compliment that was intended...). Thanks for sharing.

Thanks a lot for your compliments!
The guitar part you mentioned was the first idea i had for this song ;) the rest was then built around that...
yeah maybe it could be smoother and smaller. but i heard it that way ;)
And thanks for your genre propositions ;) i'll go with advanced retro update then ;)
hear you soon - theo