Why become a member? ×

Stanley Clarke UK tour!

Rich

He's doing a social club in Leeds. Hope the members turning out for a pint of mild with a couple of comics, a drag act and then a few strippers are prepared for Stanley's face-melting fusion...

Edited by visog

[quote name='NoRhino' timestamp='1497955310' post='3321544']
London, Manchester, Bristol and Leeds is not a UK tour. It's some dates in England.
[/quote]

If he'd annouced one date in the midlands I'd have been there.

[quote name='jazzyvee' timestamp='1497971183' post='3321721']
Yeah Birmingham gets missed out on a lot of these kind of gigs. Maybe promoters know how low turnout can be in the city and see it as a risk!
[/quote]

Miles Mosely, Thundercat and Kamasi Washington are all skipping Birmingham on their most recent UK visits.

Those guys all know each other. Are we on some kind of blacklist?

Still could be worse, I used to live in Devon.

Victor Wooten played that same social club last year. It was packed-out and a great gig!

[quote name='visog' timestamp='1497963639' post='3321638']
He's doing a social club in Leeds. Hope the members turning out for a pint of mild with a couple of comics, a drag act and then a few strippers are prepared for Stanley's face-melting fusion...
[/quote]

[quote name='visog' timestamp='1497963639' post='3321638']
[/quote]

Can't wait to see his face when they stop him for the bingo!

[quote name='NoRhino' timestamp='1497955310' post='3321544']
London, Manchester, Bristol and Leeds is not a UK tour. It's some dates in England.
[/quote]
At least he's coming here. Mike Stern's last couple of 'European' Tours haven't come within 500 miles of the UK, which is bloody annoying because he's my favourite guitarist. Stu Hamm's last 'European' tour was similarly anglophobic.

[quote name='Cato' timestamp='1497969014' post='3321697']

If he'd annouced one date in the midlands I'd have been there.
[/quote]

Manchester and leeds ARE the midlands as far as us northern folk are concerned.

• 3 weeks later...

[quote name='ahpook' timestamp='1500366273' post='3337185']
How was the London gig ? A, um, 'domestic situation' blew up over the weekend which meant I couldn't go.

I hope everyone had a good time.
[/quote]

£6.90 for a pint of Punk IPA. Otherwise, ok. Much preferred the acoustic set to the electric set (no setlist spoilers for now). The keys player on the right was pretty good too (took a great vocoder solo), sorry can't remember his name.

[quote name='toneknob' timestamp='1500369724' post='3337211']
£6.90 for a pint of Punk IPA. Otherwise, ok. Much preferred the acoustic set to the electric set (no setlist spoilers for now). The keys player on the right was pretty good too (took a great vocoder solo), sorry can't remember his name.
[/quote]

Blimey, £6.90 ? I mean, I don't drink anymore so I'm out of touch, but jeeesh.

Just 'OK' tho ?

Yep! Also available in 1/3, 2/3 and half pints! How odd. Other beers available as well at more realistic prices.

Yep, just ok for me. I don't want to give away too much at this stage but I think I'm getting past the bass pyrotechnics stage in my advancing years. The longer acoustic bass piece towards the end was really good. (Sorry don't know its name - I'll be listening to the earlier SC solo work later and if I recognise it I'll post the name)

[quote name='jacko' timestamp='1498214018' post='3323150']
Hard to believe but despite having been a fan of Stanley since the 70's I now find him a bit tedious and would much rather see ZZ Top again.
[/quote]

Speaking of bands who [i]do[/i] make it to Birmingham. (Which is where I saw them on their last tour.)