Why become a member? ×

Chowny Fuzzster vs. Aguilar Fuzzistor

CameronJ

Two pedals with very similar names but very different prices - I can get a new Chowny for half the price of the Aguilar used. I like the sound of them both in demos but a YouTube demo can cover a multitude of sins.

Slightly different controls on both - the Aguilar has a single "blend" knob vs the Chownys separate level controls for the fuzz and dry signals. Anyone out there have experience of both pedals?

[quote name='CameronJ' timestamp='1497878651' post='3321033']
Two pedals with very similar names but very different prices - I can get a new Chowny for half the price of the Aguilar used. I like the sound of them both in demos but a YouTube demo can cover a multitude of sins.

Slightly different controls on both - the Aguilar has a single "blend" knob vs the Chownys separate level controls for the fuzz and dry signals. Anyone out there have experience of both pedals?
[/quote]

Got the Chowny and it's a very cool little fuzz for the money, very thick very full, Will cover a lot of tones and basses the blend is very good nothing like the mxr blends (where dry and wet are Sep) does many things well.

Sadly not played the Aguilar

Haven't tried the Chowny. But I have tried the Aguilar and sold it on immediately. It's very sensitive to input levels, feed it too much low end and it just bottoms out and sounds bad. It sounded great with a passive Jazz, but my Yamaha BB or Fender P just overloaded it.

Thanks for the insight guys. Sounds like I should take a punt on the Chowny.

Re: the Aguilar not sounding good with too much low end - I was planning on mainly sending octave and octave filtered sounds through it so that could be a disaster...anyone else had a poor experience with the Aggy?

• 5 months later...