Why become a member? ×

*NEW* Jim Fleeting 9 String

ARGH

[quote name='steve-soar' post='323067' date='Nov 5 2008, 10:56 PM']This

plus this," Am I the only Basschatter who wanted McCain to win?"

= grow up?[/quote]

Supporting McCain makes me immature? OK mate. I'd suggest there are plenty people smarter than you and I who voted for him.

My comment was in relation to the fact that I said I disagreed with you and you came back with a sh*tty comment. Usally I'd stick around to argue, but last night I just couldn't be bothered. I asked ARGH why he rated JF so much. He gave his answer. You had a snipe and I said I disagreed. Remarkably mature for me I think. ARGH has a ceratin way of communicating, so you not what to expect before readong a post. He's not the type to sit on the fence. I don't always agree with him, but at least its entertaining.

ARGH is not a reflection of JF and JF's creations are not a reflection of ARGH. You seem to struggle with this concept, and as such, I could not be bothered entering into an argument about it.

Steve-soar, you have been on BC for some time now. You should know not to question me. I'm always right.

And what was that JPEG labelled? I'm dying to know. I won't be upset! I'm sure its probably pretty funny (and probably childish - so grow up!). Drop me a PM if you want. I happily take the piss out of myself.

Final word....

The only restriction I had ,or ordered, was that everything,that was possible,had to be made in the UK,P/U being one of them..British makers..some people just didnt get back to us,We (well ok Jim..)tried to get Rotosound or Elites interested in making strings for us...and they just were not...we tried,its their loss,it could have actually made a change or even a good story or publicity but no..,its a shame,so we had to go with what was available,to us (Conklin,SITS,or Labella).

The Bass is on show

[url="http://www.thehubcentre.info/exhibitions/exhibitiondetails/autumn2008/guitars.html"]http://www.thehubcentre.info/exhibitions/e...08/guitars.html[/url]

In Sleaford Lincolnshire,so its available to bee seen,along with alot of other British made instruments.

Jim Fleeting makes amazing instruments,that are above question,If you dont,or in some childish cases,dont want to,believe me...go see him..What I have said is true.

Edited by ARGH

• 3 weeks later...

That's one amazing piece of work there Ross. As a 4 string limited player (better word than musician in my case) I wouldn't actually know what to do with one (except prod at the strings making noise) but I can really appreciate the ascetics and the quality of the work.

I never drop my basses but I'd be paranoid of dropping that on its lower horn.

I think the back in particular is visually quite stunning.

So Ross, are there any pics of your own beast out there?

Found the thread, loving that top horn design.

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=8147&hl=fleeting&st=80"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=...eting&st=80[/url]

If I were well wealthy I'd love to commission a bass from Jim and Robbie to compliment my ACG (or three). There's something about daring to be different and treading a slightly more interesting path imo. We bassists do seem to be, in the main, a very conservative lot.

I'm sure Jazz basses are all fine and dandy (I do have one) but the idea of getting yet another Jazz/Precision lookalike made doesn't appeal. If I wanted a Jazz I'd be straight on the phone to Warmoth anyway as I did with my totally immense 54P/Jazzneck/Darkstar.

Peter

Edited by GreeneKing

Not that taken with the body shape, but for some reason I don't like singlecuts anyway (I don't know why not, I can admire how well they've been made but I have some deep-rooted aversion to them). Great detail in the capping over the rear of the neck with that diagonally striped inlay.