Why become a member? ×

For Sale - Replica Fender Custom Shop 62

[quote name='Sibob' post='36317' date='Jul 24 2007, 12:04 PM']So where are the parts from??

Si[/quote]

Si,

Pick up Cover, Ashtray Bridge Cover, Thumb Rest, 3 ply Scratchplate, Bridge - All are genuine Fender Parts.

Pick Ups, These are not branded but are 6.4k "Jazz " PUPS - They sound really good and have a really good range of sounds - Please have a listen to the tracks on

www.myspace.com/shortwavefade

These were all recorded using this Bass in March / April this year at Animal Farm studios in Bermondsey using this bass with the exception of Anything To Anyone, which was done on my Geddy Lee.

I was told the Neck was an All Parts neck, but to be honest I cannot say 100% if this is the case or not, it certainly plays very well and is true and straight, Fits the Neck pocket of the body perfectly with no gaps.
The Body is Alder and Korean origin. Again i would rate it on Par with top end MIM stock and the Daphne Blue finish is superb.

Please rest assured I am not trying to pull a fast one here..I am simply getting rid of this as I have left the band due to family commitments...( 4 year old and the arrival of Twin boys 12 weeks ago!! ) so this is going.

Thanks
Matt

[quote name='the hand of john curley' post='36545' date='Jul 24 2007, 08:02 PM']I was told the Neck was an All Parts neck, but to be honest I cannot say 100% if this is the case or not[/quote]

You could take it off to check. If it's an Allparts neck it'll have something like "ALLPARTS LIC. BY FENDER" burned into the heel.

Like this Tele neck: [url="http://www.chrisguitars.com/neck-allparts-tele-050605.jpg"]http://www.chrisguitars.com/neck-allparts-tele-050605.jpg[/url]

• 2 years later...

[quote name='the hand of john curley' post='36545' date='Jul 24 2007, 08:02 PM']These were all recorded using this Bass in March / April this year at Animal Farm studios in Bermondsey using this bass with the exception of Anything To Anyone, which was done on my Geddy Lee.[/quote]

How are Matt and Ville down in Bermondsey?

Nice looking bass here - sounds interesting have a bump!

Hi Basschatters,

Anyone know how to get hold of ‘Dave the bass builder’ mentioned in this thread, any contact details?

I know the thread is two years old but I’d like to see if I could contact him and ask him to build me a Fender Mustang (or something similar, short scale) look alike with a few modifications.

Long shot I know but hey – worth asking.

Oggy :)

[quote name='Oggy' post='829609' date='May 6 2010, 02:04 PM']Hi Basschatters,

Anyone know how to get hold of ‘Dave the bass builder’ mentioned in this thread, any contact details?

I know the thread is two years old but I’d like to see if I could contact him and ask him to build me a Fender Mustang (or something similar, short scale) look alike with a few modifications.

Long shot I know but hey – worth asking.

Oggy :)[/quote]

MB1. :rolleyes:
Through Ebay send him a personal message (Harley benton music)

[quote name='MB1' post='829775' date='May 6 2010, 04:31 PM']MB1. :lol:
Through Ebay send him a personal message (Harley benton music)[/quote]

Thanks MB1, appreciated.

Out of interest; what's with the 'June 3', was it a film poster? Just love the expressions, I look out for it now - I know SAD SOD :). I don't get out much, only to rehearsals and the occasional gig.

Oggy :rolleyes:

---------------------------------------