Why become a member? ×

NBD Paul Everson custom build

CokeyW

I bought a fretless made by Paul Everson on the FS board a couple of years ago and it was simply the best bass I'd ever picked up. So I finally bit the bullet and ordered a custom build from Paul. Here it is.

The body is walnut and the EMG pickups are humbuckers with coil tap switches, there's also a 3 band EMG preamp with a parametric mid. The tonal possibilities seem endless and it sounds very good with my Markbass F1 and two 4x8" cabs.

I'm pleased to say it's everything I'd hoped it would be with a fast and slim, but not too slim, neck and the most comfortable action I could imagine. It also weighs nothing due to Paul's use of slim bodies and deep set necks.

They're as rare as hen's teeth on here but well worth a look If one does come up. The guy's a magician.

Both the Roadworn Jazz and the ACG I bought here are very, very good and are going nowhere but Paul's basses are in a different league in my opinion. It's not just an improvement, it's different. It took a lot for me to take the leap of faith to order a custom bass as I knew I'd lose a lot of money selling on if it wasn't right but it's proven well worth it.