Why become a member? ×

TC amps & Rickenbackers - Settings?

Stag

Afternoon all!

Im really struggling to get a decent Rick tone out of my Staccato 51, which in essence is an RH450 with a slightly changed EQ.... so has any one out there got any good settings they could share to get the classic Ricky tone on an RH450/750? Im usually lots of bass, very low mids and high treble and that does the job on most amps, but not this one! The odd thing is if I plug the Jazz in, that actually has more top-end bite to it than the Ric (!?). The Ric just sounds really bottom-heavy and doesnt have a lot of clarity in the tone. I know im not going to get "the Ampeg sound" from it, but I cant lug that around everywhere :(

Any suggestions you have are more than welcome :)

I've got a BH500, which is the older, "big" amplifier TC Electronic do/did that came out before the Blacksmith and the newer, TonePrint enabled BH amps. It's pretty much got the same EQ layout as the RH heads.
Have you tried boosting the Spectracomp and Tubetone dials? It could be totally NOT what you want soundwise. Some people really hate the Spectracomp. However, I love it! I find that it at least gives me enough volume when playing live.
Hope that helps!

Edited by indiegrungesound

The problem with the staccato is that the flat setting on each eq control isn't actually the eq set flat (this is the difference between the staccato and the RH450, it's set to Rocco prestia's preference) I'm sure that there is a way to change the response of each EQ so that you can set it flat like you could with an RH450. It's probably within the shift functions. If you can get it to set flat, you could then dial in the scoop that you like.