Why become a member? ×

Midlands Bass Bash

Gazm

Hi - I'm new to basschat (/talk /world) and I'd love to come along if that's ok.

I can make June 16th, and I can offer a lift from south birmingham (I can even pick up from new street station - it's not that far from me).

cheers

Joe

Hi to all who are interested in attending the proposed "Midlands Bass Bash" - which started as the "East Midlands Bass Bash" and I rather hijacked by offering a venue in the West Midlands!

The date we all seem agreed on is SATURDAY 16th JUNE which is now just under two weeks away.

Everyone who has expressed an interest seems happy to bring some "splash and dash" food and drink, although of course the house will provide some simple fare.

As to timings, we are very flexible here (we being me and my better half - Mandy - whose family are the historical occupants of this ancient pile) and so are very willing to be guided by attendees requirements. It sounds as though a number of you have quite a way to come and would therefore like the "core event" to start late morning or early lunchtime. Some also seem to have only a brief time to stay and have to dash off to undertake more serious responsibilities.

Given that half the fun is meeting each other I would like to get an agreed "core" start time so we can aim to get as many people together as possible. Any suggestions as to a good way to do this? My best suggestion is to set a start time of the event of say 11:30 a.m. with a 10:30 a.m. load in time for anyone who is bringing the kitchen sink! How does that seem?

People can then stay as long as they feel happy until say about 6:00 p.m. when we'll start winding down. Does this seem sensible?

I hope I've forwarded directions to most people who have expressed an interest. If you haven't had these and are planning to come do let me know.

Can anyone think of any other arrangements that need to be made?

Best to all,
Nick S

[quote name='ngombe' post='10639' date='Jun 1 2007, 04:34 PM']Hi - I'm new to basschat (/talk /world) and I'd love to come along if that's ok.

I can make June 16th, and I can offer a lift from south birmingham (I can even pick up from new street station - it's not that far from me).

cheers

Joe[/quote]

If you could offer a lift for a bit of petrol money that would be great.

I should be free this day. And if someone would be kind enough to get me from central birmingham I can bring my Phil jones suitcase with extension speaker (spce permitting) and my wes lambe custom 8 string guitar/bass ala charlie hunter. Yes I know it is mean tot be just basses...

[quote name='ngombe' post='10639' date='Jun 1 2007, 04:34 PM']Hi - I'm new to basschat (/talk /world) and I'd love to come along if that's ok.

cheers

Joe[/quote]

Hi, that sounds good, I'd like to take you up on that offer if that's OK?

This sounds great! Would like to thank you for your generosity in having us all round!

Steve

[quote name='NAS' post='11395' date='Jun 3 2007, 01:45 PM']Hi to all who are interested in attending the proposed "Midlands Bass Bash" - which started as the "East Midlands Bass Bash" and I rather hijacked by offering a venue in the West Midlands!

The date we all seem agreed on is SATURDAY 16th JUNE which is now just under two weeks away.

Everyone who has expressed an interest seems happy to bring some "splash and dash" food and drink, although of course the house will provide some simple fare.

As to timings, we are very flexible here (we being me and my better half - Mandy - whose family are the historical occupants of this ancient pile) and so are very willing to be guided by attendees requirements. It sounds as though a number of you have quite a way to come and would therefore like the "core event" to start late morning or early lunchtime. Some also seem to have only a brief time to stay and have to dash off to undertake more serious responsibilities.

Given that half the fun is meeting each other I would like to get an agreed "core" start time so we can aim to get as many people together as possible. Any suggestions as to a good way to do this? My best suggestion is to set a start time of the event of say 11:30 a.m. with a 10:30 a.m. load in time for anyone who is bringing the kitchen sink! How does that seem?

People can then stay as long as they feel happy until say about 6:00 p.m. when we'll start winding down. Does this seem sensible?

I hope I've forwarded directions to most people who have expressed an interest. If you haven't had these and are planning to come do let me know.

Can anyone think of any other arrangements that need to be made?

Best to all,
Nick S[/quote]

[quote name='Machines' post='14033' date='Jun 8 2007, 09:50 AM']Won't be able to make this i'm afraid - have fun though chaps.[/quote]

Really sorry to hear that Matt - I hope the day turns out well and people enjoy themselves - if so there might be a repeat sometime. Hope all goes well with you. Nick S

This looks very cool. Unfortunately I'm from Scotland, but am currently working in Worcestershire. By the time this comes around, I'm gonna be back home, which is unfortunate. Enjoy it everyone! Someone take a camera and photograph/video all the gear please!

Looks like i will be able to make the Birmingham Bass Bash after all.
It would be good to have a heads up to see who's going & what gear is
being taken down to Nicks place.

I'm not sure what to take it could be either my swr super redhead & an extension swr 2x10 cab
or my a pair of swr goliath junior 2x10's & my racked swr sm400s head.

Basswise it'll be one of my customised squier p-basses with pj loaded emg pickups & emg
loaded btc control preamp circuitry.

[quote name='mhuk' post='15771' date='Jun 11 2007, 05:42 PM']If anyone needs a lift from Worcester (WR1), or en-route from Worcester to Cleobury Mortimer, I've got space in my car (estate).[/quote]

Mark,
Have you seem that the Ashdown Superfly 500 is going for £199 at the moment:

[url="http://www.soundcontrol.co.uk/mod_1/pages/mod_1.12/pages/mod_1.12.1/pages/mod_1.12.1.1/pages/index.php?sku=1.1.2.3.2-1-15694"]http://www.soundcontrol.co.uk/mod_1/pages/...1.2.3.2-1-15694[/url] ?

Nick S

[quote name='Mikey D' post='16539' date='Jun 12 2007, 10:07 PM']:) I did mean just the "F bass", preferably Alain Caron model...but a nice fender will do![/quote]

Hi mate...i can't make it, so i won't be able to bring my F Bass. I don't know of anyone in the UK with a fretless F Bass, never mind an Alain Caron model, they're soooooooo expensive!!! I'd be happy to meet up some time for a jam though, along with my Marleaux, F Bass, Thunderfunk and Dr.Bass cabs :huh:

I'm still planning to be there. I've promised lifts to Mikey D and Mobius but I haven't heard from Mobius for a while.

I wasn't planning to bring any gear - I'm sure you all know what a Stingray and a Precision look like.

I could bring my Cort A5 if anyone's curious to see one but I don't have any boutique gear or rare stuff like a lot of you so if I don't hear otherwise I'll be going down to drool (not literally I hope) over the real good stuff that I hope others will be bringing.

I could probably throw my rack in the car if anyone's interested - Ashdown Labs MK500, bass pod pro and compressor. Once again it's nice stuff but it's not on a level with a lot of the gear here on basschat. The cabs won't fit though so I'd have to borrow.

pm or reply if any of that stuff appeals

Joe

[quote]I'm sure you all know what a Stingray and a Precision look like.[/quote]

Look - yes; but sound/ play like? no. Personally not so bothered about amps/ cabs, more keen to have a play with as many basses as possible (however mundane they may be to some :huh: )

:)

I'm planning on being there, but just bringing a clunker practice bass and a practice amp. Mainly I want to listen and learn from some of you guys. I will also some bring some non-alcoholics for the drivers and some alcoholics for the non drivers if NAS has no objection.

Steve