Why become a member? ×

Midlands Bass Bash

Gazm

Hi Guys, I suggested a Midlands meet as a few of us did it about a year ago.

We got to the point of agreeing a date (next saturday) but were still haggling over a venue as people had differing views of where they wanted to go.

I think with the site changeover it may be wise NOT to meet next saturday as thats pretty close now and not everyone may be here yet.

Its a good idea for us to get together if we can for a few hours.

If anyone does still want to meet next saturday by all means go for it but I haven't booked a venue etc........

Steve

[quote name='Machines' post='2585' date='May 20 2007, 12:30 AM']I think postponing it is a good idea for a few reasons.

Firstly not everyone has made it over here yet - it almost needs to be republicised.

Secondly I can't make next Saturday :).[/quote]

Agreed. Why dont we provisionally look at 16th, 23rd or 30th June and see when most are available. I can make any of those as long as its not too late in the day.

Anyone else got a view on dates?

Steve

Hi, I'm based in the West Midlands (near the town of Cleobury Mortimer which is not far from Kidderminster) so may be too far out for a gang from the East Midlands. I do have a house which would be big enough to act as a venue if catering could be arranged. You can see some of my past basses (unfortunately most had to go recently) on the ubiqitous MySpace site scrolling pictures

Sorry, forgot MySpace URL: [url="http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=79992414"]http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea...iendid=79992414[/url].

Let me know if this could be of interest. Nick S

Edited by NAS

[quote name='skywalker' post='4323' date='May 22 2007, 12:40 PM']16th should work for me. Pete whereabouts are you?? If you are South Derbyshire and I am Kegworth then it seems daft to take two cars - we can't be that far apart.

Steve[/quote]

I'm in Swadlincote so not a million miles away :)
I think car sharing sounds like a good idea, depends on what we're taking gear wise.

Cleobury Mortimer would be about 70 miles which is probably a bit far.

[quote name='Gazm' post='4676' date='May 22 2007, 10:02 PM']I'm in Swadlincote so not a million miles away :)
I think car sharing sounds like a good idea, depends on what we're taking gear wise.

Cleobury Mortimer would be about 70 miles which is probably a bit far.[/quote]

If you have a bass and a small cab it should be okay, I have only a practice amp at the moment so that doesn't take any room, and just one bass. Cleobury Mortimer shouldn't be too bad. If NAS is prepared to have us there that is generous, so I am happy to support that. I'll also bring some food and drink, if others will do the same. I can get you from Swad if that is covenient. Let me know.

Steve

[quote name='skywalker' post='4697' date='May 22 2007, 09:34 PM']If NAS is prepared to have us there that is generous, so I am happy to support that.[/quote]

Indeed a very generous offer, I didn't intend to belittle it with my comment.
I was thinking of taking my full rig and 2 or 3 basses but maybe I'm just getting carried away :)

Hey Gazm, I've PM'd you with contact details so you can distribute as appropriate. If people are willing to come this far then we will need to arrange a date. Space and parking are no issue but the distance may be too far for some. I've also got a P.A. if anyone wants to go multi instrumental or vocal. My amplification includes SWR SM900 linked to Epifani UL210 + 115, an Ashdown 300W 210 combo, and an SWR Workingman 12. For some reason I haven't been able to set up email alerts for subscribed threads but I'll keep checking in to see what's happening. Nick S

Edited by NAS

[quote name='skywalker' post='4697' date='May 22 2007, 10:34 PM']If you have a bass and a small cab it should be okay, I have only a practice amp at the moment so that doesn't take any room, and just one bass. Cleobury Mortimer shouldn't be too bad. If NAS is prepared to have us there that is generous, so I am happy to support that. I'll also bring some food and drink, if others will do the same. I can get you from Swad if that is covenient. Let me know.

Steve[/quote]

I don't have an estate car, just my Passat, hence the limit on space, but if it fits we can take it.

Steve

Hi Nas,

thats a really generous offer and I would be willing to drive over to your place and bring some of my gear with me. My only problem is the potential times. Obviously you don't want people arriving all day etc so what were you thinking of in terms of when people should arrive and leave? From my perspective I would need to leave early afternoon as we have a gig later on.

Thanks for the offer.

PS aren't we missing some people like bassplayer2106 and DemonGene etc?

Steve

Hi Birdy, this is all just assumption at the moment as I haven't been involved in a previous Bass Bash. If it is to be just a day without any stay overs then I would assume we run the day over a period wide enough for a number of people to come and go depending on travelling requirements e.g. from say 9:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. We're pretty flexible so if people need to be extra early or late that can be catered for. I would also assume food and drink of some sort would need to be provided at elevenses, lunch and teatime. I gather from previous Bass Bash commentaries that puddings are important! If a significant number of people want to stay later then a supper may be justified too! Once (if) we have a quorum of people who are interested in doing this, then we can poll for views and preferences. As I'm new to this I'll need to rely on you "old hands" to spread the word to the right people and coordinate preferred dates and times, and food preferences. Hope that helps, Nick S

Well theres been the national meets in Northampton which Paul C has organised but the main point of this one was just for midlanders to get together while we wait for the national one which will probably be in September. The last midlands one we had was in Birmingham and I think there were about four of us.

I think you may be better having a tighter time window so as to not inconvenience you too much although in theory if people want to come from outside the Midlands then the more the merrier!

Steve