Why become a member? ×

Virus's

sprocketflup

• 4 weeks later...

[quote name='Roger2611' timestamp='1499100374' post='3329168']
Yeah, I keep getting it, bloody frustrating and if I am honest it does discourage me from visiting the site as often as I used to!
[/quote]

Did it start happening again yesterday?

Ok I think it's one of the banners which calls up a code for an external tracker. Its 100% safe but presumably triggering a virus warning in some systems. I'll stop it and see if we can change the code.

[quote name='ped' timestamp='1499101441' post='3329184']
Ok I think it's one of the banners which calls up a code for an external tracker. Its 100% safe but presumably triggering a virus warning in some systems. I'll stop it and see if we can change the code.
[/quote]

That screenshot looks to me like a fake virus warning - I've seen similar where you're invited to call 'Microsoft' (and then probably be invited to hand over some payment by credit card). In other words it's a scam pop-up.

Edited by HowieBass

[quote name='PaulWarning' timestamp='1499104980' post='3329217']
been happening for months [url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/295323-scareware/page__fromsearch__1"]http://basschat.co.u...__fromsearch__1[/url]
I just hold down the enter key and click on the close window x till it shuts down
[/quote]

Yes but it went quiet for a while after I made a change then this pops up again today when I made a similar change yesterday, hence my question.

[quote name='ped' timestamp='1499105227' post='3329219']
Yes but it went quiet for a while after I made a change then this pops up again today when I made a similar change yesterday, hence my question.
[/quote]never really gone away for me, doesn't happen for a week or so then starts up again perhaps 3 or 4 times a week, doesn't seem to be any sort of regularity to it

[quote name='ped' timestamp='1499101441' post='3329184']
[/quote]

[quote name='HowieBass' timestamp='1499103342' post='3329202']
That screenshot looks to me like a fake virus warning - I've seen similar where you're invited to call 'Microsoft' (and then probably be invited to hand over some payment by credit card). In other words it's a scam pop-up.
[/quote]

100%. This is not a false positive from a legit antivirus product, just a fake pop-up that's plagued the site on and off for ages now.

[quote name='machinehead' timestamp='1499277862' post='3330509']
I got it again just now.

I've been on the laptop for 40 minutes or so, 1 minute after I opened basschat up the b*****d pops again. Very annoying because it's not easy to get rid of. I use task manager.

Frank.
[/quote]I've not had it for about 4 days now, a quick way I've found to get rid of it is to hold down the enter key whilst clicking repeatably on the tab shutdown X
edit, doesn't work without a mouse

Edited by PaulWarning

[quote name='PaulWarning' timestamp='1499278329' post='3330515']
I've not had it for about 4 days now, a quick way I've found to get rid of it is to hold down the enter key whilst clicking repeatably on the tab shutdown X
edit, doesn't work without a mouse
[/quote]

Yes, I tried that, having read your other post, but it didn't work on the laptop. (No mouse.) Thanks for the advice anyway.

Frank.

[quote name='mep' timestamp='1500113490' post='3335686']
Got it again the other day. Pressed enter and closed the tab. Annoying but harmless.
[/quote]

That doesn't work with the one I get, just keeps reproducing. (fnerk fnerk) Only thing I can do is disconnect wifi, then use task manager to get rid