Why become a member? ×

Sellers who don't...

lownote

... respond. Bugs me when you're really keen on buying some gear and the seller just doesn't respond, either because the item's gone and they didn't flag the changed status or because they don't check their messages or the for sale thread. Grrr...

Edited by lownote12

Oh, that happens on gumtree all the time!
The worse one I've experienced is when I talked to a guy, shortly after he listed the item. He has assured me that the item will be reserved for me and we will meet soon. Then he stopped replying, just to message me a week later to say the item sold locally. I took a day off work to go and get it and all...

Yup, really annoying although to be honest have found all my deals via this site have been 100%
Am currently waiting for a guy off Gumtree to pay me for a mixer I'm selling, haven't heard anything for
a couple of days now so am guessing he's cooled off. Quick text is all it takes to let me know. Grrrrr.....

[quote name='uk_lefty' timestamp='1496779873' post='3313847']
Or you drive out your way late at night to meet at a service station (their idea) for them not to answer their phone or show up. Not even the decency to come up with an excuse.
[/quote]
Are you posting in the correct thread?😉

Sellers who don't:

Post pictures of the item
Tell you the location of the item
Say wether it's collection only or offer shipping .
Actually own the item ( I'm selling this for a " friend " )
Post the item after you have paid for it .
Leave any feedback for you .

[quote name='fleabag' timestamp='1496772772' post='3313792']
Or the other way round when selling and you get a message to say 'i'll have that ' and that's the last you hear
[/quote]

This.
Had this happen to me quite recently, I answered two pages worth of inane stupid questions and even offered to drop the bass off (1 hour from me) only for the waster to not even both responding to me once we had agreed a deal.
Pisses me right off 😡

Or who post photos that are no more than dark silhouettes. "Here's my out of focus pic of my black bass on a black sofa against a brightly lit window, fill your boots."

Edited by lownote12

I dunno. You lot.

If you don't like it - tough. It's that or do all of your shopping in high street retail outlets where [i]customer service[/i] is still put into practice.

I agree it's good to be informative with potential buyers but remember a lot of sellers are saying the same sort of things about buyers.

Gumtree annoys the hell outa me with that. Sold few items recently and number of people that asked if it was still there and were very interested and when you reply with yes you don't hear another thing.

Complete disrespect

Dave

[quote name='SpondonBassed' timestamp='1496811380' post='3313953']
I dunno. You lot.

If you don't like it - tough. It's that or do all of your shopping in high street retail outlets where [i]customer service[/i] is still put into practice.

I agree it's good to be informative with potential buyers but remember a lot of sellers are saying the same sort of things about buyers.
[/quote]

Yep

[quote name='Raslee' timestamp='1496774670' post='3313802']
....Or when a buyer wants you to strip a bass, show every single part, give every single dimension, and then [u]never[/u] get back to you when you've provided said requests - double grrr!
[/quote]
Or you reply to a wanted ad and after a discussion give the cost including postage (which takes a while to sort as it's not UK) and get a request for pics. You waste your time sorting pics and emailing them only to get a response saying the postage is too high (it was the same before I took the pictures), so you sort out cheaper postage, reply then is that 'it might not fit'. Well it came off one of them so I am pretty sure it will go back on and not sure how the postage cost would change that.

[quote name='T-Bay' timestamp='1496865710' post='3314417']
Or you reply to a wanted ad and after a discussion give the cost including postage (which takes a while to sort as it's not UK) and get a request for pics. You waste your time sorting pics and emailing them only to get a response saying the postage is too high (it was the same before I took the pictures), so you sort out cheaper postage, reply then is that 'it might not fit'. Well it came off one of them so I am pretty sure it will go back on and not sure how the postage cost would change that.
[/quote]

Surely that is down to how prepared you are to jump through hoops on request?

Make it seller's discretion. If you have taken reasonable steps to show current photographs but the item is not as described [i]in good faith[/i] by yourself there is the returns policy for them to fall back on.

[quote name='SpondonBassed' timestamp='1496900610' post='3314532']

Surely that is down to how prepared you are to jump through hoops on request?

Make it seller's discretion. If you have taken reasonable steps to show current photographs but the item is not as described [i]in good faith[/i] by yourself there is the returns policy for them to fall back on.
[/quote]
I am happier than most to accommodate a buyer, what irritates is when the excuse given doesn't make sense. If the reply was genuine (from looking at another thread it appears they were offered something else which is fair enough) then I don't mind, it's the continuing messing you about that is irritating. If they didn't want it they should have just told me and not had me wasting my time.

To be fair, no matter what I've bought, wherever and whom it was from (secondhand), it's always had a problem that wasn't listed in the description. Not a major problem but one that irks you still.

E.g. E string saddle cannot be raised or lowered, strap pins are permanently loose, chipping of the wood on the underside of the bass.

[quote name='SpondonBassed' timestamp='1496811380' post='3313953']
I dunno. You lot.

[/quote]

Now now, don't come round here and talking all reasonable and stuff, this is the interwebz! :lol:

[quote name='mcnach' timestamp='1496911069' post='3314589']

Now now, don't come round here and talking all reasonable and stuff, this is the interwebz! :lol:
[/quote]

[Whimpers]

[size=2]Sorry. I wont do it again, just please stop subztituting zeds for esses and I'll promise. I am scared of getting beaten up by h4x0rs and script kiddies.[/size]