Why become a member? ×

Gallien Krueger MB212-II 2x12 500 Watt Bass Combo or Markbass CMD 102P 400W 1x10 Bass Combo

Ejb

Hi Guys

I would appreciate your thoughts, playing medium size pubs and some summer outdoor beer festivals. Which would you prefer any experience of the two combo's?

CMD 102P 400W 1x10 Bass Combo

Gallien Krueger MB212-II 2x12 500 Watt Bass Combo

Cheers

John

I have the Gallien Krueger combo and haven't got close to half volume in any pub gigs so far. Doing a few outdoor beer festivals this Summer myself and can't imagine there will be a problem with the sound. For a small combo it really does have plenty of output. It's really lightweight too, so minimal pain lugging it around for gigs :)
Martin

The Markbass is 300 watts unless plugged into an extension which then makes it 500 watts but am confused. The 102 P is a 2x10 combo, the 121P is a 1x12 combo. Which do you mean?

Either are pokey, I have the 121p combo and pair it up with a NYC 121 cab for extra heft....

I had the CMD 102p, possibly the loudest rig I've had, as well as the lightest.
The B&W drivers have some serious travel & could easily outperform the Trace Elliott 4x10 I had prior to it.

I think you'd struggle to not be heard with either combo.

• 1 month later...