Why become a member? Read more... ×
Check out Guitarchat.co.uk Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Meddle

A profound innovation.

[url="http://www.zacharyguitars.com/010815pics.htm"]http://www.zacharyguitars.com/010815pics.htm[/url]

The guy's entire website is good for a laugh. Somewhere between a shock jock and a conspiracy theorist, apparently you have to 'qualify' before you are eligible to buy his instruments.

Anyway, the future of bass guitars is, apparently, a 24'' scale length wonder with a sand-blasted finish and a coffee-stained pickguard, finished off with some tuners robbed from a Danelectro.

I think I'm happy to be unknowledgable, untechnical and ignorant. Seems like a much better place to be.

I don't want to be pedantic but I think what you actually meant to say is

".... [color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=4]finished off with some tuners robbed from a Danelectro that have been screwed onto a vibrator". [/size][/font][/color]

This guy appears to be a some kind of terrible w***er... The bass looks awful for a start and the guy is more arrogant than a certain Mr Drozd which is an achievement in itself.

No. Just no.

Surely this is all a spoof, further evidence that some Americans can indeed do irony?

Take a look at the saddles on the bridge? And the attempt at through-body stringing capability.. : ;)

I would have expected some sound samples as well

Edited by markstuk

[url="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uc7PF4nTK54"]https://www.youtube....h?v=uc7PF4nTK54[/url]

And here we go :-)

Edited by markstuk

[quote name='markstuk' timestamp='1496484395' post='3311791']
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uc7PF4nTK54
[/quote]
I think swearily eccentric might be a nice way of describing him.

And it's fretting al the way up.

Another "American idiot" and so selfish.

There is absolutely no innovation here, simply arrogance.

If Trump is looking for a new adviser, he is the one.

He should offer one to Stanley Clarke or Carles Benavent ... for their barbecues.

I think this is another one to file under "Willseasyguitar". If short scale basses were the way to go we would all have been playing Gibson EB0s for the last fifty years. :lol:

[quote name='BassBus' timestamp='1496500827' post='3311941']
I think this is another one to file under "Willseasyguitar".[/quote]

Aye! The thing about all these guys is that they seem resolutely angry. The guy in the demo video of that wee bass must know, deep down, that it is a crock of sh*t. Why else would he be so antagonistic? He doesn't know his audience, but he is basically trying to sell me something. Right?

It's an interesting marketing philosophy. Cursing at your potential customers and calling them for all they're worth. :scratch_one-s_head:

As easy as it might be to knee-jerk deride it for being the bodged-up heap of dismal hipster [email protected] it so obviously is - I actually really like the body shape & the f-hole. :ph34r:

That shape, made from nice timber & well-finished - and with a real headstock - would actually make a great-looking guitar. But this thing's vile. I haven't even watched the clip, dunno if i want to...

[quote name='Bassassin' timestamp='1496506923' post='3311982']
As easy as it might be to knee-jerk deride it for being the bodged-up heap of dismal hipster [email protected] it so obviously is - I actually really like the body shape & the f-hole. :ph34r:

That shape, made from nice timber & well-finished - and with a real headstock - would actually make a great-looking guitar. But this thing's vile. I haven't even watched the clip, dunno if i want to...
[/quote]

You have to watch it.. it all makes sense the way he explains everything :-)

[quote name='markstuk' timestamp='1496507223' post='3311986']
You have to watch it.. it all makes sense the way he explains everything :-)
[/quote]

Watched a bit of it and I agree with him completely - it all makes sense! He's a stupid guitarist who just wants to go widdlywiddlywiddly on a bass! Why didn't he just say so in the first place? :lol:

To quote one of my favourite songs "he has an overblown sense of his own importance, no ones really bothered round here!"

[quote name='alyctes' timestamp='1496536663' post='3312201']
He left out "sheeple". Amateur.
[/quote]

He'd have spelled it "sheaple".

[quote name='Roger2611' timestamp='1496510284' post='3312008']
...no ones really bothered round here!"
[/quote]

21 posts so far says quite a few people are bothered round here. :D

I actually think it's quite a cool/cute looking bass...quite like the tone too. Not sure what price he'd ask for his instrument..but given his lecture on its wonderfulness I somehow doubt it would be cheap.
The guy is unintentionally very funny, and sounds deluded...but the actual bass, and tone I like. If it cost the same ad a danelectro..I can't really see the problem tbh.
Would I buy one?...probably not..but if one was going for about £100.. ..hmmmm maybe I'd give it a try first.

Gosh, he's got some forthright opinions, hasn't he?

I've got one of these in sunburst which makes a similar noise. It's from about 1970.

[attachment=246667:jedson1.png]