Why become a member? ×

** SOLD ** Fender Precision Lyte - Japan 1990
£325

Sharkfinger

My weapon of choice for many years, I doesn't get a look in now I have my lightweight Warmoth P bitsa. According to [url="https://support.fender.com/hc/en-us/articles/214343783-How-can-I-find-out-when-my-Japanese-made-instrument-was-manufactured-"]this[/url], dated to 1990-91.

The Good:[list]
[*]Tobacco burst finish with matching headstock.
[*]P/J pickups (original ones).
[*]Very lightweight, around 7 1/2 lbs, which is good for my back and shoulder.
[*]Gold Hardware.
[*]Passive electronics, Ki0gon wiring loom, vol/vol/tone 3-way toggle (original electronics included).
[*]Drop Tuner (original included).
[*]AMAZING neck, in terms of feel and playability.
[*]Jazz width at nut.
[*]Has a great set-up.
[*]Although I haven't tried it, I understand it is good for metal, djent, etc.
[/list]
The Not-So-Good[list]
[*]Chipped off paint on body at neck heel. Put a bit of clear nail varnish and that took care of it.
[*]General dings, swirls and light scratches. It's had a life!
[*]With my bad back, tried one of those straps that go around your waist, which meant putting and extra strap pin on the bottom horn. Didn't work for me, so removed it but hole is still there. Could be filled with something but invisible from the front, so never bothered.
[*]Gold hardware a little tarnished especially the bridge, which has wear as well.
[*]Drop tuner not an exact match. No one has ever noticed or cared.
[/list]
[s][b]£325 [/b][/s][b]£300 [/b][b]including UK mainland delivery[/b]. Less if you pick it up from my home in east Herts or we meet up somewhere on my regular travels around Hertfordshire (weekdays) and Essex (weekends)

Case not included but could be for an extra £25. Other that it's missing a 'foot', it's as new.

[attachment=246317:IMG_20170523_1735328.jpg]
More Images here
[url="https://www.flickr.com/photos/147284055@N05/albums/72157681407979954"]https://www.flickr.c...157681407979954[/url]

Edited by Sharkfinger

• 1 month later...

Crazily under rated and under valued basses (imo).
This one has the added bonus of being passive with top rate Ki0Gon wiring.

All you coffin dodgers like me, who grumble at out heavier than a bag of pork scratchings, just get this bought.

STEAL!

[quote name='karlfer' timestamp='1499378833' post='3331236']
Crazily under rated and under valued basses (imo).
This one has the added bonus of being passive with top rate Ki0Gon wiring.

All you coffin dodgers like me, who grumble at out heavier than a bag of pork scratchings, just get this bought.

STEAL!
[/quote]

+100

I can never understand how these basses don't command higher prices.
Great Japanese build quality, good hardware, necks feel ace, lots of varieties of sounds,look nice
AND one of the lightest 34" scale basses you will ever play! What's not to like?
I have 3 of these and they're all fab. Played lots more and they've all been good.
A cracking bass for someone at a brill price. GLWTS!

[quote name='tall_martin' timestamp='1499370009' post='3331159']
Hi,

Are you interested in trades?

Cheers

Martin
[/quote]

PM me and let's see what you have that I might want but ATM I'm leaning more toward a straight sale or PX with cash my way.

• 5 weeks later...