My band live show - Status in action

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GrmnwyqK9hg[/media]

Status with graphite neck thru DI.
16:23 improv bass solo.

Have fun!

EDIT: Thanks!
EDIT2: Careful, metal!

Edited by Guest

[quote name='Fabrocker' timestamp='1496169998' post='3309332']...
Don't know how to make YouTube window...
[/quote]

[media]http://youtu.be/GrmnwyqK9hg[/media]

Remove the 's' from the 'https' at the beginning of the link, s'all. ;)

Nice solo, too; not too long..! :lol: :P

Edited by Dad3353

Nice!

love the band

the lack of any ambience makes the whole thing sound a bit weird to me theres no crowd noise at all which makes it feel like there's no atmosphere at the gig which judging by the pictures isn't the case at all other than that a solid metal mix with a really tight band :D

don't know if you were looking for comments or not but just my 2c worth

Chris

I have no idea what you guys are doing, I have no connection to this genre.

However, I do know when hard work and discipline has been applied as well as professionalism. You guys have it all.

Nice job and top notch.

Blue

[quote name='bazztard' timestamp='1496201374' post='3309491']
good drumming is more than just pounding the kick and snare incessantly.

looked like you were more interested in looking good for the cameras than actually playing well

good quality camera work

Oh dear, then the 'singing' starts, seeya
[/quote]

You weren't keen then? :lol:

Guest bassman7755

[quote name='Fabrocker' timestamp='1496169998' post='3309332']
[media]http://youtu.be/GrmnwyqK9hg[/media]

Status with graphite neck thru DI.
16:23 improv bass solo.

Have fun!

EDIT: Thanks!
EDIT2: Careful, metal!
[/quote]

Nice, reminds me of paul dianno era maiden, wicked bass sound - right up my street.

• 4 months later...

Well I’ve got to say, just listened to all of this through my cans and it sounds fab.
Don’t really like metal, Dream Theatre is the closest but Christ sake you rocked. The musicianship was bang on. Love the interplay here and knowing what each other is doing. Everybody top draw I think. Loved the intro as well...

Rock on guys......Mellowman

Again, I am not a fan of metal but neither do I have a blinkered view of music. I like the sound of graphite so "[i]Status in action[/i]" was the hook.

Good one! That worked for me. Your band has all the component parts assembled into a functioning unit. It's impressive even though I don't listen to metal by choice.

I agree with what's already been said in that you have material sufficient for a very good promotional video clip. The three minute edit-down from that would work really well in YT. The longer version might work well in a domain that you have selected for customers to contact you for bookings.

I too really enjoyed that, whilst definitely not a metalhead. Great show, guys. Very well played, too. I also felt it reminiscent of first album Maiden, but lots of other things going on in there too. Bass solo was tasteful, too. I wish I was so tasteful when faced with a solo...

I particularly enjoyed that when soloing, the player pretty much always 'assumed the position' - I.e. One foot on monitor, feet astride, shoulders back, rock face. Aaaand why not!

I also noticed a lack of serious amounts of pedals, which is cool. There seemed to be some tucked up the back with the amps, so I assume it was a matter of set and forget.

Not my usual kind of rock or metal but thought you played it very well and the band sounded very tight.
Not a fan of that croaking vocal thing tho but singer sounds like he has a good range.
Can hear the similarities to early Maiden as mentioned earlier.

Originally listened to it direct from laptop and thought it was a little weak in depth and tone. Put headphones on for a 2nd listen and WOW there it was.
The full depth and tone was bang on for that kind of music. The overall tone really did quite impress me.
Again the band sounded very tight and all seemed to work very well together.

Think the VID clip is a good showcase for the band so all the very best in the future guys. Well done.

Dave