Why become a member? ×

Sir Paul in this month's Bass Guitar Magazine

[quote name='James Nada' timestamp='1495747406' post='3306373']
Some readers may be disappointed to find that the Macca interview is over twenty years old.
[/quote]Yes BGM are quite honest about it but it's still disappointing considering the front cover pic is misleadingly current.

I felt the same. They do state it's an old interview in the preamble, but to make him the cover star based on a 20 year old interview - references to George being alive and all - is a bit much.

To be honest, I feel there's been a change (negative in my view) in the quality of the mag since Future took over.

Edited by Tonteee

[quote name='Yank' timestamp='1496050976' post='3308343']
Well, has he actually said or played or wrote anything interesting in the past 20 years?
[/quote]

Well, he is appearing in the latest pirates of the carribean movie. Possibly billed as sir Paul Mcaaaarrrrtney

[quote name='fretmeister' timestamp='1496053040' post='3308365']
Future have pretty much ruined Guitarist too. Many old readers on the fretboard forum (that forum coming from the death of the Intermusic and Musicradar forums) don't bother anymore and switched to "Guitar and Bass" instead.
[/quote]

The misnomer is in the name, "Guitar AND Bass"? If we're lucky, there's one, maybe two bass related features. The current editor is an ex Guitarist / Guitar Techniques writer, and it's seriously gone down hill since he took over.

[quote name='spectoremg' timestamp='1496258080' post='3310045']
The more I consider this the angrier I get. At what point did the BGM team sit down and decide they were going to run this interview and deliberately mug the readers off with a recent front page picture?
[/quote]

I agree with you. Thankfully I subscribe, so it could have been Ronald McDonald on the cover and I'd still have bought it... 😀