Why become a member? ×

Best Acoustic Guitar sub £500

Bass_Guardian

[quote name='gjones' timestamp='1502117030' post='3349389'] If the tanglewood is difficult to play take it a tech and get it set up. You may not need to fork out for a new one if you can get the old one playing well. And then you can spend the money you saved on a new bass :) [/quote]

Already took the tanglewood years ago for a set up but its still not got a good action :( this plays like butter though :)

• 1 month later...

That's a nice guitar & good to hear that it ticks your boxes. :D

I never get in this part of the forum often enough. I went acoustic guitar shopping a good few years ago. Went round loads of shops in Glasgow & couldn't find anything that ticked all the boxes for me within the £500 budget that I had. I then went to a wee shop in Falkirk & tried (amongst others) a Freshman FA300. That's now my guitar.

The thing about acoustic guitars is that you can really like the look of something & then when you play it, it's just not for you. I think this is less an issue with the higher end ones. My dad in law got a Lowden O35 last year & it looks, plays & sounds stunning, but then I think it should for £5700.

[quote name='Bass_Guardian' timestamp='1500667828' post='3339567']

Not the best photos but here it is :) £380 and its in great condition.

My Taylor 210
[/quote]£380 for a Taylor? Result! I've had my Simon & Patrick rosewood folk for over 20 years and it's great. However, even though I play it rarely, I keep getting dreadnought or jumbo GAS. Discovering this thread has not helped ;)

That Taylor looks great and £380 sounds like a super price for it. Well done!

I was going to throw my hat in and suggest Crafter but I seem to have missed the boat on this particular thread.

I've had my Crafter DE-7 for about 15 years now and it's broken in nicely. Warm cedar top, mahogany back, neck and sides. Plenty of Crafters out there for under £500 I'd say.

Tho I expect your purchase wipes the floor with mine so well done on such a bargain!