Why become a member? ×

Whats the longest you've had a bass for?

OliverBlackman

The past 6 or 7 years, I have changed basses quite a lot - I suppose I'm ever searching for that "ideal" bass?
But I've changed more frequently since becoming a member of BC - and I'm sure I'm not alone there ;)

I had a 25 year absence from playing (what was I thinking?!) and during that time, I had an Ibanez Roadster in a case, stored under beds, behind wardrobes or wherever...
Anyhow, I had that since nearly new, which was around 1985 or '86. My son always liked it since he started playing, so I gave it to him about 4 years ago

about 20 mins I think, I buy a bass thinking 'this is the one' and it never is. The only bass I sold to Linus27 was my Stingray in Teal, I'd buy that one back without hesitation but I don't think he'll ever sell it :(

Never owned anything else like it. Maybe I should buy a new Stingray....

[quote name='tom1946' timestamp='1507893400' post='3388597']
about 20 mins I think, I buy a bass thinking 'this is the one' and it never is.......
[/quote]

I think there are a few heads, nodding in agreement among BC members Tom :)
EDIT: BTW, I know quite a few guitarists who are exactly the same too....

Edited by Marc S

[quote name='Daz39' timestamp='1507924541' post='3388897']
I had a Yamaha RBX765A for 17yrs til the electricky bits packed up. I could have fixed it but was having a bad time and it went to the tip along with the guitar I got for my 18th birthday and practice amp.
[/quote]

Ouch!

My mate got his takamine acoustic from the tip. He used to work there and managed to dig it out. He reckons the woman who threw it in was doing it through spite as there's no way she would have thought it was worthless.

Edited by Elfrasho

[quote name='Marc S' timestamp='1507898869' post='3388663']
I think there are a few heads, nodding in agreement among BC members Tom :)
EDIT: BTW, I know quite a few guitarists who are exactly the same too....
[/quote]

I bet Marc, did I mention I have a thing for 12 string guitars? My main instrument since 1968 until arthritis set in about 5 years ago. Still keep buying them tho' :lol: Luckily my wife plays one as well so they're not wasted....

Bought brand new in 1983 and I've gigged with it every year since then.

I've had this Avon copy since 1975, but I couldn't say it ever saw a stage from 1980 onwards.
It's been on long-term loan twice (the first time it came back with a Gibson logo on it - I went mad).
Then my daughter had use of it for a good old while to learn on.

Edited by 12stringbassist